New rules ?

If something doesn't fit in any other forum then post it here.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Opale

New rules ?

Post by Opale »

The register agreement say:
While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally... Blablablablablabla ....(and for sending new passwords should you forget your current one).

By clicking Register below you agree to be bound by these conditions.

I Agree to these terms and am over or exactly 13 years of age
I Agree to these terms and am under 13 years of age
I do not agree to these

Noything about Private Message.

"Private" and/or "Personnal": I'm not english but that very clear, no ?
You dont want most post about custom pack and specialy violator pack ?
Perfect. So easy to find it by other way.

But what about that ?:
Kadar wrote: Nor will links to such be allowed. This includes PM's.
New rules ?
Abusive rules.
Oh and please no: "If you dont agree.."
Abusive rules are abusive rules.
Like "If you register on my board you must give me 100 Dollars per hours".

And yes, my first post.
I dont have any skill to help the community. I run a little private server and it so easy if you can read all the help in this board and on the L2J Board.
Thank for that and you work.
wuschel

Post by wuschel »

pms get censored, posts gets deleted or edited ( without making it clear they got edited by a mod ) and i got banned 3 times for searching a personal discussion with kadar

so go on ban me again if it makes you happy or best you delete this whole thread
gmhaxial

Post by gmhaxial »

pm has been disable... hmm.. soo sad.. :roll:
what happen to this forum...? :wink:
kadar
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by kadar »

Due to the many non contributors of this site complaints...
I apoligize to the other users.
PM are disabled.

Now on the censorship issue:

"You can't tell me what I can or can't say here!"

Well, if you've already seen the Rules then you have your answer. But if you didn't, here's an example of a typical misguided reference to the Bill of Rights by an anonymous poster in one of our forums:
"I'll post whatever I want. This is a public website with public forums. These arbitrary rules are bullshit that some dweeb thought up to stroke himself over. Free speech is a right under the Constitution's Bill Of Rights, and any publicly accessible website that hosts forums is just that, public, and subject to all the laws and rights granted to citizens of the United States."

Sorry, wrong.

This site is considered a privately owned and operated website, and as such, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights do not apply here. There are rules governing behavior on this site which have been established by its owners. If you're dead set about disputing this, please consult appropriate legal resources and precedent before doing so.

The site rules are published here:

http://l2j-c2datapack.sourceforge.net/b ... ic.php?t=2

and being that this site resides on Sourceforge, their rules supercede our:

http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_d ... group_id=1

and further defined.....

More About Censorship

Since some people express the argument of "Free Speech" and "Censorship" of their postings, here is a simpler explanation of the actions taken for offensive or improper postings:

IT'S NOT CENSORSHIP. LOOK AT IT THIS WAY:

YOU ARE THE PERSON SUBMITTING A STORY OR COMMENTARY AND WE ARE THE EDITORS/PRODUCERS OF THE PUBLICATION YOU WISH TO SUBMIT THE STORY TO FOR PUBLICATION.

THEY/WE DETERMINE HOW TO SHOW IT AND WHAT TO DELETE FROM THE CONTENTS ACCORDING TO THE POLICY AND OPINIONS OF THE OWNER AND THE PRODUCERS.

EVERY NEWSPAPER AND MAGAZINE, TV AND RADIO STATION CHOOSES WHAT TO SHOW AND INCLUDE AS ACCEPTABLE CONTENT. THE NEW YORK TIMES DOES NOT RUN THE SAME STORIES AS THE ENQUIRER.

THAT ISN'T CENSORSHIP ... THAT'S "EDITORIAL POLICY".

YOU ARE SUBMITTING AN EDITORIAL, NOT A NEWS DOCUMENT, AND EDITORIALS ARE PERSONAL OPINIONS SUBJECT TO REVIEW AND EDITING OF THEIR CONTENTS. THE REAL TERM IS CALLED "BLUE PENCILING".

ALL EDITORS AND THE MEDIA DO USE THIS OPTION.

What are the Rules on Posting?

Once you post here your post becomes the property of the site. You have no control over what happens to it from that point onward. It may be deleted, edited, or as with the vast majority of posts, left alone. The decision to post or not, according to these rules, is your own.

What happened to this site you ask?
It has become over run with non contributers and non L2J-Datapack users disrupting the service for the rest of the users.

As I have told evill33t:
If your that unhappy just leave. We are not keeping you here.

As a matter of fact I insist that you leave. I'll only ask once.
Nuff Said.