does a script/app exist that can do this ?

If something doesn't fit in any other forum then post it here.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
neogeo

does a script/app exist that can do this ?

Post by neogeo »

hey, i sure like most of u guys here running a server, you make alot of changes to your DB from the default datapack, so when it comes to updating u must put all these changes back again to keep the "uniquness" of your server.

The problem im having is that im such a n00b at sql, and at the last update i compared the difference between the new and old DB's and got some genrall output, in a few mins i went thru the data and determines what i needed to add back to the DB after updating and what was just fuber , but i literally had to sit there for 2 hours adding all these changes back manually using phpmyadmin (lol)

so im wondering, how do you guys overcome this problem ? is there a better app/script for comparing the Db's and then applying all my previouse changes back to the new db on mass ?

maybe someone made a nice script specific to the l2 db structure, or maybe there is some existing script or app that could possible do what i need after some config , im hoping the open source nature of this project/forums will also apply to any possible script like that if it exists, in fact a friend of mine is arguing with me that NOONE will give such a thing to me if it exists, as he is being negative and thinks most ppl wouldnt give such a thing as it gives power, and ppl wanna keep that power (or something like that 0.o) but i have more faith , so is anyone gonna prove him wrong ? and at the same time u would be helping out a n00b admin here get his l2 server off the ground and we are still very new, and also you would in a round about kinda way be restoring a small part of my brazilian friends faith in humanity x'D lol

ty for any replies :']
Polo

Post by Polo »

would be nice to have such a thing especially for droplist table. because we have many additions and I dont wanna add them manually. Does someone has such a script
Mousee

Post by Mousee »

You could easily write your own sql batch script to execute after you update your server.

Something like this for instance:

post-update.sql

Code: Select all

--
-- Post Update Add-on Script 10/27/05
--
UPDATE merchant_buylists SET price=246400 WHERE item_id=437 AND shop_id=5803;
UPDATE merchant_buylists SET price=246400 WHERE item_id=437 AND shop_id=5805;
insert  into armor values
(7683,'rabbit_ear','hair','false','none',15,'wood','none',0,90,0,0,0,100,0,'true'),
(9052,'Wedding_pants','legs','true','light',0,'cloth','s',0,0,0,0,0,0,0,'true'),
(9053,'Wedding_Boots','feet','true','light',0,'cloth','s',0,0,0,0,0,0,0,'true'),
(9054,'Wedding_Chest','chest','true','light',1,'cloth','s',0,0,0,0,0,0,0,'true'),
(9055,'Wedding_gloves','gloves','true','light',0,'cloth','s',0,0,0,0,0,0,0,'true');
I'd just run that in, for instance, SQLYog as a batch script and it would modify my database the way I want. Doesn't take too much of an understanding of MySQL to figure it out either, and I'm sure you can always ask questions here :)

Just to note, the script above does the following:
  • Modifies the price of the Mithril Tunic sold in the Heine weapon shop to that of the price in Giran, in the 'merchant_buylist' table.
  • Adds the C4 Wedding outfits and Rabbit ears to the 'armor' table.
Polo

Post by Polo »

are the weeding dresses acailable ingame, or do I need some client side updates?
Mousee

Post by Mousee »

Polo wrote:are the weeding dresses acailable ingame, or do I need some client side updates?
Those are for the C4 Korean Client, which i use from time to time to play with the new C4 stuff :p
Not available for C3 tho.
Polo

Post by Polo »

ok uninteresting for me ^^