Looking for DDoS Protection Hosting

If something doesn't fit in any other forum then post it here.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Heopas

Looking for DDoS Protection Hosting

Post by Heopas »

I am looking for DDoS Protection Hosting plan that will remote protect my dedicated server. e.x. blacklotus.com
I have heard that l2world find a cheap one...
Thanks in advance.
kama3a

Re: Looking for DDoS Protection Hosting

Post by kama3a »

ovh.com
Nik
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Nik »

Contact DominicToretto from L2W if you need DDoS protection. AFAIK its 250eu/month
Playing a game where you know how every single mechanism works is quite satisfying.
Its the main perk that a gamer-developer has :D
blacksea

Post by blacksea »

you need for website hosting? or for l2?
for websites you can find easy and can be done also by you with some knowledge.
for l2 well you don`t have many options in EU ... also pay attention at reviews... at first powerful ddos attack they will close your server very fast so care most of this companies sell dreams only.
kama3a

Post by kama3a »

http://www.ovh.co.uk/items/firewall_ded ... ervers.xml

cheapest ddos protection that i found. (1month of searching)
Nik
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Nik »

Hardware defense is for the weak DDoSes. If a 64Gbit/s DDoS hits you, what will you do?
Playing a game where you know how every single mechanism works is quite satisfying.
momo61

Post by momo61 »

nik wrote:Hardware defense is for the weak DDoSes. If a 64Gbit/s DDoS hits you, what will you do?
contact the FBI!
dark911_ro

Post by dark911_ro »

nik wrote:Hardware defense is for the weak DDoSes. If a 64Gbit/s DDoS hits you, what will you do?

If someone can flood with 64Gbit/s not even the mother of all protections can save u . Most of the "ddos protection companies" offer a range from 10Mbps - 100Mbps.

How about instead wasting 250 - 1000 eu / month paying a w/e company offer protection, buy a router/firewall and filter for yourself the incoming bad traffic ?

Or you think that a "ddos protection company" have a magic wand that filter bad traffic ? :)

You know .. with 1.5k = 2.5k eu you can buy a nice router that protects you for flood till 1000Mb/s ( same as any ddos protection company ). All you need to is to learn your server , find how many threads and packets a normal player use for playing , block the rest.

Voila , no more ddos.
kama3a

Post by kama3a »

Most networks for dedicated servers are rly big and can handle with normal ddos attacks, but if occured some big ddos will flood all devices, so the company will start clean it up.
for normal ddos attacks the cisco rotuer can handle.
for me thats best salution atm. :)
Nik
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Nik »

kama3a wrote:
Most networks for dedicated servers are rly big and can handle with normal ddos attacks, but if occured some big ddos will flood all devices, so the company will start clean it up.
for normal ddos attacks the cisco rotuer can handle.
for me thats best salution atm. :)
They will just clean you up from the subscribers list. I know 3 servers that got DDoSed and then cut off from the hosting company. IMO get your your own dedicated machine.
dark911_ro wrote:

If someone can flood with 64Gbit/s not even the mother of all protections can save u . Most of the "ddos protection companies" offer a range from 10Mbps - 100Mbps.

How about instead wasting 250 - 1000 eu / month paying a w/e company offer protection, buy a router/firewall and filter for yourself the incoming bad traffic ?

Or you think that a "ddos protection company" have a magic wand that filter bad traffic ? :)

You know .. with 1.5k = 2.5k eu you can buy a nice router that protects you for flood till 1000Mb/s ( same as any ddos protection company ). All you need to is to learn your server , find how many threads and packets a normal player use for playing , block the rest.

Voila , no more ddos.
Do you know what are you talking about?
Ok, if i buy a router, firewall and i start filtering, everything OK, but you know, the bandwidth isnt unlimited, you might filter, but the traffic is still there and ppl get hard time getting trough this insane lag.
I've experienced enough DDoSes to know what protects and what doesnt.
Finally, about
well... i think we have the grandmother of all protections, because our anti-DDoS company blocked this w/o problems
http://img837.imageshack.us/i/graph081010.png/
dark911_ro

Post by dark911_ro »

well nik , not rly true.
An improper setting to firewall will keep the traffic there, that's true, a proper one will dissipate the traffic.
How do you imagine your ddos protection company will survive that, they have unlimited internet connection to filter your incoming bad traffic , forward the good packets to you and still have good connection ?

Like i said , they dont have any magic wand to clean that . So what they do , you can do it by yourself. That's why i said instead giving 250Eu / month to others , build your own defence.
Nik
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Nik »

dark911_ro wrote:well nik , not rly true.
An improper setting to firewall will keep the traffic there, that's true, a proper one will dissipate the traffic.
How do you imagine your ddos protection company will survive that, they have unlimited internet connection to filter your incoming bad traffic , forward the good packets to you and still have good connection ?

Like i said , they dont have any magic wand to clean that . So what they do , you can do it by yourself. That's why i said instead giving 250Eu / month to others , build your own defence.
Once the packets reach your router, a traffic is already done, the router can block only the incoming traffic from it, not on the connections beyond the router.
As for the company, yes, they have a lot of bandwidth.
kama3a

Post by kama3a »

nik wrote:

Once the packets reach your router, a traffic is already done, the router can block only the incoming traffic from it, not on the connections beyond the router.
even the company stop the Ip adress, will have network flood from the attacker send requests and the router will return the echo. (i think)
babun

Post by babun »

nik wrote:

What this mean to you 1gb 10gb , 100gb, 1000gb???