Lineage Eternal

If something doesn't fit in any other forum then post it here.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Aikimaniac
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Lineage Eternal

Post by Aikimaniac »

jurchiks

Re: Lineage Eternal

Post by jurchiks »

Well, the graphics are great, the towns are fabulous and the gameplay looks exciting, but no matter how you look at it, it's a single-player game! How can you have an MMO where you 1-hit your opponents (Knight)? There were come co-op/party shots at the end, but other than that, I can't imagine castle sieges lasting longer than a minute or two if the characters are so destructive.
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
Aikimaniac
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Aikimaniac »

same on L2...mobs are easier to kill than players by pvp...i think this movie was just to show enviroment and graphics..looking forward to see next movies with some details... im sure this isnt L2 sequel but total separate game which should pull more players than Diablo 3 which will be only for max 4 players in Co-op mode.. its possible that the siege in movie is in single game mode only but we can just guess...will try to attend in beta :)
caramon81

Post by caramon81 »

watched the 14min video and i'm liking what i'm seeing.
MELERIX
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by MELERIX »

looks like a Lineage 1 sequel or remake :P
Aikimaniac
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Aikimaniac »

MELERIX wrote:looks like a Lineage 1 sequel or remake :P
are you sure you have ever played Lineage I ? :) More close is UO to L1 :)
MELERIX
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by MELERIX »

yes, L1 is like Diablo 2 xD

and now Lineage Eternal...

is like Diablo 3...

xD
Aikimaniac
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Aikimaniac »

with current technologies all isometric games look and will look similar... no matter who calls them clone of what..

Btw..a bit of history so we compare what is what and what clones what..

1996 Diablo - max 4 players
1998 Lineage I - MMORPG with registered max 3800 players
2000 Diablo 2 - max 4 players
2012 Diablo 3 - max 4 players

In this you can see...this are 2 different genres based on similar graphic projection which is isometric and there for any comparing of them is just useless :)
CheeryMick

Post by CheeryMick »

Some screenshots, video and a preview from g-star http://www.dotmmo.com/lineage-eternal-5571.html
Sylar88

Post by Sylar88 »

Coming ( and cuming ! ) from a four day in length amazing Elder scrolls: Skyrim gameplay; I cant keep my troll-self suppressed, so here we go:

Yes ultima online was a great game for its time. Same goes for diablo. But the times, they are changing. Every time i wake up form my bed and i see such games made by Asians i reasure myself that we still are safe from Asia taking global control from us. Simply because they are a bunch of copycats stealing old, out of fashion but successful western culture ideas. And the their "gusto" and "finetsa" of the implementation is for laughs.

So here's the thing with this game. In my polite and humble opinion ( as humble as it can be ), this game is one hundred percent garbage. Why would i want to play a game, that is the same as ultima online, the same as diablo, the same as Titan's Quest without absolutelly any innovation ( except that spell-mouse manipulation ) and only differs in the version of DirectX library it uses ? I wouldn't. All there is in this video , is some super cool guy/gal hacking and slashing throughout unlimited hordes of orcs and other deadly ( but quite easily killable ) beasts.

At the end it sums down to puzzling myself, wether i'm getting old for RPG's or is it that every single useless programmer group thinks they are game designers and release a game. Put on some cool hack and slash animation for the brain crippled people and the 12 year old boys, write some unbelievable senseless quests that noone even bothers to read ( just follow the point marker to the next npc ! ) claim you have the best economy / pvp system , which you apparently dont and voila, you got your new blockbuster game and all the hordes of deadly (?) gamers following you.

The year is 2011 and we got everyone talking and worshiping things like tessellation in games, talking about the technology rather than the game itself. I'm not paranoid, its the gaming world drifting away from the purgatory road to the inferno.
Someone who didnt bother reading the svn or ant manual and just waited for you to make him a visual guide for eclipse is not a guy that is willing to learn ... He is the definition of the leecher.
slash2

Post by slash2 »

is not so much hack and slash like diablo. i actually like it, except for the part with low fps, but he need more clasess ftw!
Aikimaniac
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Aikimaniac »

just to see it in HD with some explanation in Korean with english subtitles :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUu150QwB3E