Contributions offtopic

If something doesn't fit in any other forum then post it here.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
St3eT

Re: Contributions offtopic

Post by St3eT »

If i should be black sheep for sure no as punishment
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

This is a discussion. If you don't have a point to make, don't post here.
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
Aikimaniac
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Aikimaniac »

Folks, what laptop would you recommend for somebody who doesnt play games, Mac or Win based laptop? Reliability, warranty service (so far is the best warranty service at Dell) etc... thanks :)
JMD
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by JMD »

:mrgreen:
St3eT

Post by St3eT »

I dont known why you are still here. When you dont like this forum/project WHY YOU ARE STILL HERE? Zoey and other guy's from dev. team make good job and they have their life too, is FUN not job. So calm down and stop making a mess here. Why you dont make your own project - you can show what u make.
If i should be black sheep for sure no as punishment
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

I'm not making a mess here, I'm trying to improve things and that's why this thread exists, but you're shitposting here.

@Aikimaniac - you really do show up only to argue or go completely offtopic, don't you?

If you guys haven't noticed, the only person who is seriously participating in this discussion is UnAfraid. Take some example and think about the topic.
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
xban1x
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by xban1x »

Jurchiks only thing you like is plastering your name all over svn and your a perfect example of attention whore
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

Obviously you have no idea what I like. I don't care if my name shows up, I care that my work is appreciated, just like everybody else does.
UnAfraid
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by UnAfraid »

jurchiks wrote:I don't mean just any answer, I mean either "fix this/that so it can be committed" or "this won't be committed because ...". Requests for testing and then abandoning the contribution because of no response don't fly, you can assign a team member to check it when someone has the time. Being in the team does not mean you just wait for people to submit perfect contributions, somebody from the team has to check them and give their feedback aswell.

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=27172
The only thing missing from all these patches is the related changes for the quest timer methods in datapack, so that could be skipped for the moment. Everything else is valid (I'd just have to update the patches a bit).
If the dropQuestItems improvements and fix were to be committed, this thread could be locked because it's the same idea:
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=26782

More:
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=27300
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=24288
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=24853
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=25657
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=24481
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=23902
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=22759
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=27382
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=19595
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=19463
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=21759
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=26463
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=26063
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=20861
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=27289 (apparently xban1x has no time for his full saga class rework, this could be committed for now. At least give a final word on it)
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=27052 (yeah I know xban1x said to not commit it, but it is still a valid contribution)
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=27182 (this didn't go well because I posted a modified patch of Citizen's script that was fully retail-like, but then we started arguing about stuff that didn't really matter. Nevertheless, the patch is good)

All of these (and more) have not received any word about what is missing to commit it or if it is not going to be committed.

@xban1x - if you don't take my suggestions into consideration and don't even say why, why should I not post a readable example of what I mean so you understand the benefit of it? You have never ever explained why you consider my suggestions bad (same as everyone else around here).
I added my nickname because of the magnitude of changes I made to your script, though, personally, I'd like to avoid adding the @author tag altogether because of such arguments.
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=24288 - Committed different approach also there's dev's comments!
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=24853 - Committed different approach also there's dev's comments!
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=25657 - Still pending also there's dev's comments!
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=24481 - Lack of feedback also i am not going to change database impl like that, if we are going to use such approach i would implement hibernate.
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=23902 - Lack of feedback also that packet needs some more rework.
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=22759 - There is dev comments DP devs must take care of it, since i am not one of those i can't say what it isn't committed.
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=27382 - There is dev comments also it is in pending commit with the rest of the freya quests.
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=19595 - I have patch for all village masters related to first class transfer its still not committed because it needs some more work.
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=19463 - Already committed by malyelfik.
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=21759 - We are missing delusion chambers at all, this should be committed with implementation of the delusions itself.
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=26463 - Suspicious file, as i said is missing author also pretty much like files from leaked private projects.
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=26063 - No feedback, also i reviewed it a couple of times in skype.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=20861 - No feedback also the author can commit it when its ready to be committed.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=27289 - Bani is working on it.

So you got only one valid report of those.
(Even though its a DP one)
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

UnAfraid wrote:viewtopic.php?f=69&t=24288 - Committed different approach also there's dev's comments!
No word about whether or not it was to be committed, and since a different approach was committed it requires moving to Archived.
UnAfraid wrote:viewtopic.php?f=69&t=24853 - Committed different approach also there's dev's comments!
That different approach was committed just recently, while this contribution was made more than a year ago and was abandoned. Valid report.
UnAfraid wrote:viewtopic.php?f=69&t=25657 - Still pending also there's dev's comments!
Just saying it needs the attention. Looks abandoned because no posts since last year.
UnAfraid wrote:viewtopic.php?f=69&t=24481 - Lack of feedback also i am not going to change database impl like that, if we are going to use such approach i would implement hibernate.
Then why did you not post your opinion in the thread and just abandon it like that? He made it with his best intentions in mind, and you know he's a decent programmer.
UnAfraid wrote:viewtopic.php?f=69&t=23902 - Lack of feedback also that packet needs some more rework.
Still no reply in the topic. Valid report.
UnAfraid wrote:viewtopic.php?f=51&t=22759 - There is dev comments DP devs must take care of it, since i am not one of those i can't say what it isn't committed.
Ok, then assign it to someone.
UnAfraid wrote:viewtopic.php?f=43&t=27382 - There is dev comments also it is in pending commit with the rest of the freya quests.
It's not related to quests because those are the default htmls, can be committed separately. Smaller commits are easier to manage.
UnAfraid wrote:viewtopic.php?f=43&t=19595 - I have patch for all village masters related to first class transfer its still not committed because it needs some more work.
Then lock the topic or move to archived, don't leave me hanging like that! It was made in 2010 and ignored up until now even though "a different approach" was not committed! If that's not ignoring then I don't know what it is.
UnAfraid wrote:viewtopic.php?f=43&t=19463 - Already committed by malyelfik.
Needs to be moved to Committed then.
UnAfraid wrote:viewtopic.php?f=55&t=21759 - We are missing delusion chambers at all, this should be committed with implementation of the delusions itself.
Someone should write that in the topic, tell them to merge it into a delusion chambers patch.
UnAfraid wrote:viewtopic.php?f=55&t=26463 - Suspicious file, as i said is missing author also pretty much like files from leaked private projects.
What's wrong with FBIagent's implementation?
UnAfraid wrote:viewtopic.php?f=55&t=26063 - No feedback, also i reviewed it a couple of times in skype.
Still no response about the script in topic, even though it's one of your team members. Ask someone from the initiates/adv. users to check it maybe?
UnAfraid wrote:viewtopic.php?f=24&t=20861 - No feedback also the author can commit it when its ready to be committed.
Guess he should be reminded of it, it was shared when he wasn't an initiate.
UnAfraid wrote:viewtopic.php?f=24&t=27289 - Bani is working on it.
Like i said, this could be committed until a better version comes out. It's nothing serious, but still. Or move it to Archived if you don't want to commit it so badly. Any action is better than none.

P.S. I'll repeat - I didn't mean just any response from devs, I meant responses that say "this will be committed", "this needs to be fixed and then i'll commit it", "someone test it so i can commit it", "this has been assigned to a team member", "this is invalid, we're not going to accept it" etc. There was nothing like that. And that means that the contributor does not know if his contribution is valid, if it's going to be accepted or not, he does not know anything. And that is bad. You think people like to randomly share stuff and get no definitive answer back? Just stand there in silence, not knowing what's going to happen (if anything is going to happen at all)?
UnAfraid
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by UnAfraid »

We have many contributions on-hold i am not going to write in each one just because you want to.
When we have the time and the will to finish them, we will.

We suppose to do things by our own and the community to prepare the contributions to be committed (By prepare i mean to test it, to give feedback at least)
Also that does not guarantee that every single contribution would be committed just because author decided to change something.

We are here to spend our time for free we are not obligated to finish everything within a day or two.

This discussion ends for me.
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

Too bad. This team could work far better but you just don't want it to.
LasTravel

Post by LasTravel »

Shouldn't be solved with add to "Adv users" the people who is active and help in the forum and kick who dont?

I should remember that devs like Zoey or you Unafraid started like Adv users?

On my humble opinion the actually "Adv user" is kinda noob with random guys, there are people here with AWESOME knowledge (like FBIAgent) what are not ignored at all but I'm sure the project should (and can) respect more and pay more attention on his contributions... Open your eyes, give them a chance.

I don't understand how the L2J project, can afford lose people with BIG potential for the project like the old times (like Pere, etc).

No offense.

Regards
xban1x
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by xban1x »

FBIAgent isn't ignored, and we speak with him on daily basis ;)
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

Then work something out with viewtopic.php?p=156173#p156173.

And LasTravel's words about getting the Advanced Users to do something is exactly what I had in mind because they are supposedly team members too.

P.S. Shouldn't VIlight be in Jr. Devs group now, since he has commit rights?