Contributions offtopic

If something doesn't fit in any other forum then post it here.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
UnAfraid
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Contributions offtopic

Post by UnAfraid »

jurchiks wrote:Thanks for the contribution ;)
Sucks that even though top team members helped, even they don't check it...
I did, i've checked it its good for me but it was still not finished, how about now Chris?
If its only spawnlist we could use some temporarily 'custom' spawnlist until we have zone spawn system implemented.
blacksea

Re: High Five Treaure Chests

Post by blacksea »

no problems yet on live in 2 days.
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

UnAfraid wrote:I did, i've checked it its good for me but it was still not finished, how about now Chris?
No post in forum - it didn't happen.
For some reason, the dev team seems to believe that working in secret where nobody knows what's happening is completely fine. It may be fine for you, but it isn't fine for everybody else because we only see nothing being done. Until something is suddenly done (if at all), of course.
Forums are made to be tools of communication. Here, they are not used as such, not enough at least.
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
UnAfraid
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by UnAfraid »

jurchiks wrote:
UnAfraid wrote:I did, i've checked it its good for me but it was still not finished, how about now Chris?
No post in forum - it didn't happen.
For some reason, the dev team seems to believe that working in secret where nobody knows what's happening is completely fine. It may be fine for you, but it isn't fine for everybody else because we only see nothing being done. Until something is suddenly done (if at all), of course.
Forums are made to be tools of communication. Here, they are not used as such, not enough at least.
'Were nobody knows' you mean only you don't know what we do.
Because you are the only one complaining about it.
Not to mention that the community isn't doing anything in 99% of cases if there is a contrib its leached and 1/10 there is a feedback if its something ultra cool.

That's why i stopped posting contribs and waiting for feedback because i never get such.
There is IRC channel for those who wants to know what happens you can visit it.
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

UnAfraid wrote:Because you are the only one complaining about it.
And that automatically means I am the only one who cares... It's as if I'm the only person who actually says what they think when it matters.
UnAfraid wrote:Not to mention that the community isn't doing anything in 99% of cases
http://www.l2jserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=27032 wrote: Waiting for retail confirmation.
Community must help!
Waiting for test results.
Community must help!
That kind of makes these rules pointless, doesn't it?

Anyway, so you checked the contrib then, but what about now?
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
UnAfraid
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by UnAfraid »

When its ready to be committed you'll see it on the svn.
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

So you will work in secret no matter what... Even though it's just feedback. Just WHY?
UnAfraid
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by UnAfraid »

As far as i see there is todo task update spawnlist.
When it get's ready FBIagent would say so.
I am not working in secret as i said if u want to know what happens u can always join IRC or contact me on Skype
jurchiks

Re: Contributions offtopic

Post by jurchiks »

The spawnlist is nothing that requires checking on a live server whether it works or not. He obviously asked to check if the code works/is good.

I mean that there are no progress reports or notifications in the original thread, i.e. "I'm working on this", "I'm checking it" or anything like that (and I'm not talking about the original author, obviously, because that is a given). Asking you personally just to find out if anything is going on is ridiculous, nobody wants to do that.
UnAfraid
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by UnAfraid »

Since we are helping him isn't that means we are aware of what he did and everything that was not fine was solved even before that topic appeared?
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

So you're saying the contribution was fine then? Why didn't you post so in the topic and ask for someone to test (though blacksea kind of did)?
It is never a good thing when none of the team members post anything in the contribution topic.

Edit:
Why isn't it the same for every other contribution then? Even those which have been reviewed by other people?
xban1x
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by xban1x »

Why isn't it the same for every other contribution then? Even those which have been reviewed by other people?
If it's ready for commiting it get's commited. Simple why you keep finding excuses to annoy the team and make them waste time answering you ?
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

But if it is NOT ready then why does nobody say anything??
Silence is never an answer!
UnAfraid
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by UnAfraid »

Lol don't you see the red todo mark up there?
Even though i told u its not ready yet and it will be committed when author say so.
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

I'm not talking about just this single contribution...
Read above:
jurchiks wrote:Why isn't it the same for every other contribution then? Even those which have been reviewed by other people?