Contributions offtopic

If something doesn't fit in any other forum then post it here.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
jurchiks

Re: Contributions offtopic

Post by jurchiks »

UnAfraid wrote:so they can test all on live servers
Reviewers review (and test if they want, but not necassarily), testers test. Separate responsibilities.
UnAfraid wrote:The only one who have live server running l2j atm is nBd.
You're talking only about team members, but there are community members too.
UnAfraid wrote:Since he started his live server we discovered so many problems that was there and noone else reported them, that's sad..
That's why such groups should be made.
Obviously, you should first create a poll topic in Announcements section asking people if they would be interested in joining any of those groups (possible answer variants: "I'd like to be a tester", "I'd like to be a reviewer", "I'd like to be both", "neither suits me"), because if nobody were to join there'd be no point.
There are only 3 problems with this:
1) you need to find such people
2) you need to know they will "filter out" the bad contributions decently or be able to help them develop into something good
3) you need to actually check/commit the contributions that pass their tests/reviews

But that would be far better than the current situation where someone only reviews/commits a contribution if they're in the mood (except bugfixes).
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
Zoey76
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Zoey76 »

@last jurchiks post, we have Adv. Users for that, creating more hierarchy for that is not required, althogh it could be done.

Fixed my previous post due:
Powered by Eclipse 4.30 ๐ŸŒŒ | Eclipse Temurin 21 โ˜• | MariaDB 11.3.2 ๐Ÿ—ƒ๏ธ | L2J Server 2.6.3.0 - High Five ๐Ÿš€

๐Ÿ”— Join our Discord! ๐ŸŽฎ๐Ÿ’ฌ
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

Well I don't really see those Advanced Users doing that.

That's not really hierarchy IMO, but w/e.
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
xban1x
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by xban1x »

I believe you had a chance to become an Adv User jurchiks, and be 1 of those 3 branches but yet you declined. Now you don't receive as much attention as for example i do and that disturbs you. You should read what being an Adv User gets you.
Becoming and Adv. User is the first step to get closer to the team, this gives you a few unofficial perks:
You can talk directly to developers and they will find some time for you.
You see that ? They will find some time for you ? Even as Advanced User you don't get as much time as you would like but more you work more attention you can expect to receive. Except as in your case you keep forcing them to do stuff like they are paid to do it. All devs here are cause they want to help the project. That doesn't mean they are obliged to check everything and commit everything in less then a week. They do it when they have the time. They can't supply info for every contribution that doesn't use retail logic or info. If they were doing that they would never have time to work on their own tasks or tasks given by Zoey. Try get this in your head already jurchiks.
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

xban1x wrote:I believe you had a chance to become an Adv User jurchiks, and be 1 of those 3 branches but yet you declined.
As far as I remember, I've never received an invite.
But getting the attention of the devs should not require you to become an advanced user, that is flawed logic.

And you're all replying here as if the way stuff currently progresses is completely fine. Can any one of you honestly say you believe that?
@xban1x - your own contributions are ignored even though you're an Advanced User, does that not bother you?
UnAfraid
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by UnAfraid »

jurchiks wrote:As far as I remember, I've never received an invite.
But getting the attention of the devs should not require you to become an advanced user, that is flawed logic.
Being an Advanced user allows you to be in our private Skype conversation where you can get attentions of all devs.
jurchiks wrote: And you're all replying here as if the way stuff currently progresses is completely fine. Can any one of you honestly say you believe that?
What means fine for you what must change in l2j in order to be 'fine', tell me that please.
jurchiks wrote: @xban1x - your own contributions are ignored even though you're an Advanced User, does that not bother you?
xban1x's contributions are not ignored they are either not finished or there's no feedback.
Gladicek

Post by Gladicek »

UnAfraid wrote: Being an Advanced user allows you to be in our private Skype conversation where you can get attentions of all devs.
I can fap fap only with Zoey on skype, St3eT and malyelfik on ICQ. WTB more contacts :D
ImageImage
L2J retired
Zoey76
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Zoey76 »

Gladicek wrote:
UnAfraid wrote: Being an Advanced user allows you to be in our private Skype conversation where you can get attentions of all devs.
I can fap fap only with Zoey on skype, St3eT and malyelfik on ICQ. WTB more contacts :D
Sorry, you what? :shock: