Question regarding sync with rep on eclise.

If something doesn't fit in any other forum then post it here.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
JMD
Advanced User
Advanced User

Question regarding sync with rep on eclise.

Post by JMD »

I just need to be sure im doing it right, cause i'd hate messing it up.

So i have added all my custom changes to the source files and then i hit the sync with rep.

Then the changes show up, i find the conflicts shown in red and i fix them. Q:( how i can know if my conflicts are fixed for sure? )

Then i hit the update all incoming changes. Q: (will my custom changes be merged with the new stuff here?)

:?:
Last edited by JMD on Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zoey76
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Re: Question regarding sync with rep on eclise.

Post by Zoey76 »

I way I have to not overlook merges is to create a patch from the source and check those files that got customized and are changed in SVN.

Eclipse show logs on how many files have conflicts, and you can check synchronization logs to know which files failed to merge the changes.

The main idea is that your changes will remain, if Eclipse (or it's plugins) cannot merge the incoming new changes it will fail and let you know.