PvP Server 310+ on 2 days / need to configure it right

If something doesn't fit in any other forum then post it here.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Renasc

PvP Server 310+ on 2 days / need to configure it right

Post by Renasc »

Hello people, i'm a new user but i admire this forum for a long time :)

At this moment i have 300 players crying in the global chat about lags and little freezes. :cry:

I was so exited about my server, i have reached 310ppl online in 2 days
But i dont know the best configuration to my machine and i think this is the main cause of my lags.

Im running on : Dual Xeon L5520, 24GB DDR3 with 100Mbps port

This is my gs, I have liberated a lot of ram.

Code: Select all

@echo offtitle CT2.5 Game Server Console:startecho ************.echo.REM -------------------------------------REM Default parameters for a basic server.java -Djava.util.logging.manager=ct25.xtreme.util.L2LogManager -Xms22528m -Xmx22528m -cp ./../libs/*;ct25-server.jar ct25.xtreme.gameserver.GameServerREMREM If you have a big server and lots of memory, you could experiment for example withREM java -server -Xmx22528m -Xms11264m -Xmn5632m -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:SurvivorRatio=8 -Xnoclassgc -XX:+AggressiveOptsREM -------------------------------------if ERRORLEVEL 2 goto restartif ERRORLEVEL 1 goto errorgoto end:restartecho.echo Admin Restart ...echo.goto start:errorecho.echo Server terminated abnormalyecho.:endecho.echo server terminatedecho.pause 
Thanks for you time.
Have a nice day.
JMD
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: PvP Server 310+ on 2 days / need to configure it right

Post by JMD »

Do you experience those lags and freezes?
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

http://www.avricot.com/blog/?post/2010/ ... mx-xmn...)

try this:
java -server -Xms2g -Xmx16g -Xmn4g -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:SurvivorRatio=8 -Xnoclassgc -XX:+AggressiveOpts -Djava.util.logging.manager=ct25.xtreme.util.L2LogManager -cp ./../libs/*;ct25-server.jar ct25.xtreme.gameserver.GameServer

Xms does not need to be large, it's the minimum memory and you don't need to set more than a certain minimum (for l2j 2 gb is more than enough). Xmx should not be set to whole RAM because you use RAM for other purposes as well (OS, MySQL, whatever else runs on your box). If you have a live server with 300 players on, you must have a noticeable amount of db usage, so make sure you optimise MySQL too.

Edit: forum broke site URL, put in URL tags.
Last edited by jurchiks on Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
Renasc

Post by Renasc »

Thank you JMD and jurchiks for the help!
Really thanks jurchiks, that site explained everything to me.
Yes JMD, i also experience those lags.

Now my gs is like this:

@echo offtitle CT2.5 Game Server Console:startecho *************echo.REM -------------------------------------REM Default parameters for a basic server.java -Djava.util.logging.manager=ct25.xtreme.util.L2LogManager -Xms2g -Xmx16g -Xmn4g -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:SurvivorRatio=8 -Xnoclassgc -XX:+AggressiveOpts -cp ./../libs/*;ct25-server.jar ct25.xtreme.gameserver.GameServerREMREM If you have a big server and lots of memory, you could experiment for example withREM java -server -Xmx1536m -Xms1024m -Xmn512m -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:SurvivorRatio=8 -Xnoclassgc -XX:+AggressiveOptsREM -------------------------------------if ERRORLEVEL 2 goto restartif ERRORLEVEL 1 goto errorgoto end:restartecho.echo Admin Restart ...echo.goto start:errorecho.echo Server terminated abnormalyecho.:endecho.echo server terminatedecho.pause
Now im going to config my mysql, do you know the best values to this machine?

--
edit
--

My mysql config:

thread_cache_size=38 innodb_buffer_pool_size=2G innodb_log_file_size=1G innodb_thread_concurrency=60
Thread:

# Default: 10ThreadPoolSizeEffects = 50 # Default: 13ThreadPoolSizeGeneral = 65 # Default: 2UrgentPacketThreadCoreSize = 10 # Default: 4GeneralPacketThreadCoreSize = 20 # Default: 4GeneralThreadCoreSize = 20 # Default: 6AiMaxThread = 20
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

There was a thread in this forum about mysql configs too, IIRC.
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
Renasc

Post by Renasc »

All those changes made, all those configurations done and nothing, my server still lagging so much. :cry:
Dedicated connection with 100mbps port, my latency is "stable" with 180~200ms (im Brazilian)

Im running a high pvp server, a lot of spam and things happening at same time may cause lag?
What can i disable to avoid this? :roll:

Thanks for you time.
Have a nice day.
Renasc

Post by Renasc »

Look at this:

And this is the latency

sorry about double post
UnAfraid
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by UnAfraid »

I'd say nothing wrong with your config but more likely network issue small ddos attack i guess?
Renasc

Post by Renasc »

UnAfraid wrote:I'd say nothing wrong with your config but more likely network issue small ddos attack i guess?
Yeah i thought the same but the control pannel says im using just 2 to 4mbps. if i was under a ddos attack i think would use a lot more.
Now at this moment is 3am here in Brazil and low ppl online, its perfectly clean 0 lags. T_T
UnAfraid
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by UnAfraid »

So contact your network provider to run some tests i guess u're having some network issues
HorridoJoho
L2j Senior Developer
L2j Senior Developer

Post by HorridoJoho »

If nothing else works also try to disable hyperthreading.