L2J Ertheia died?

If something doesn't fit in any other forum then post it here.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Stooki

L2J Ertheia died?

Post by Stooki »

As topic title said i'm waiting for some administration clues or explanations :)
" I asked God for a bike,
But i know God doesen't work that way.
So i stole a bike and i asked for forgiveness "

- Al Pacino
Gladicek

Re: L2J Ertheia died?

Post by Gladicek »

Developers which were working on it left
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=30939
ImageImage
L2J retired
Stooki

Post by Stooki »

I spoke to sdw u guys go private. Seems like u just wanted to gather people then work private on a fork...
Well that was pretty much all with l2j tradition of making all for fun and for people...
" I asked God for a bike,
But i know God doesen't work that way.
So i stole a bike and i asked for forgiveness "

- Al Pacino
Sdw
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Sdw »

What now ? I just can't let you say that. That's just retarded.

We WERE private BEFORE creating the branch on L2J, and we actually SHARED our work.

We NEVER planned what happened, it JUST happened (Otherwise that branch would never have been created to begin with).

The matter on what we do now being private or not is our concern, not yours, and you shall consider we have reason.
Nik
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Nik »

No, its the L2J's supporting community that died :(
Most people either go fork, fork, fork, while others chose to use russian packs which are based on old l2j+magic and is next to impossible to work with, unless you just want to start some server that just works, until the point of touching something in it.

If all those people were still focused on L2J, now it wouldn't be in such a condition. And yeah, I admit that I tried working on russian packs for the past few years, until I realized that you just cant make it working the way you want, due to poor codding. And thats the thing that got me back looking to l2j. The way its codded is just clean and makes it much easier to add/fix features, troubleshoot or adding customizations.
Playing a game where you know how every single mechanism works is quite satisfying.
Its the main perk that a gamer-developer has :D
Zoey76
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Zoey76 »

It's not dead, but I can't work on it a the moment.

I'd like to close High Five development some time soon (2 or 3 months).
Powered by Eclipse 4.30 ๐ŸŒŒ | Eclipse Temurin 21 โ˜• | MariaDB 11.2.2 ๐Ÿ—ƒ๏ธ | L2J Server 2.6.3.0 - High Five ๐Ÿš€

๐Ÿ”— Join our Discord! ๐ŸŽฎ๐Ÿ’ฌ
maneco2
Initiates
Initiates

Post by maneco2 »

Zoey76 wrote:It's not dead, but I can't work on it a the moment.
Wants to close the High Five development? :cry:
u3games

Post by u3games »

maneco2 wrote:
Zoey76 wrote:It's not dead, but I can't work on it a the moment.
Wants to close the High Five development? :cry:
!!!!! ?????
maneco2
Initiates
Initiates

Post by maneco2 »

What are the plans for the development of High Five, one of the team of developers should update notes High Five,in time, we do not see it :shock:
maneco2
Initiates
Initiates

Post by maneco2 »

If it stops working with High Five, L2J should start the new job from the last chronicles Infinite Odyssey
It would be easier to update from this chronic, not Ertheia. For future update :P
Pandragon

Post by Pandragon »

Any chance of moving to Awakening, or just skip to Ertheia?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0ge1Wy1PNE

For me HighFive is more than just good, many live H5 servers use L2J.
The only thing I would like to see, is drop Jython, add Nevit system,
and Zoey add that Pailaka Injured Dragon quest! :P
JMD
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by JMD »

Nik wrote:No, its the L2J's supporting community that died :(
Most people either go fork, fork, fork, while others chose to use russian packs which are based on old l2j+magic and is next to impossible to work with, unless you just want to start some server that just works, until the point of touching something in it.

If all those people were still focused on L2J, now it wouldn't be in such a condition. And yeah, I admit that I tried working on russian packs for the past few years, until I realized that you just cant make it working the way you want, due to poor codding. And thats the thing that got me back looking to l2j. The way its codded is just clean and makes it much easier to add/fix features, troubleshoot or adding customizations.
I agree
There was a period between 2012 and 2013 that even the stable version was unusable due to major bugs that didnt got fixed even on beta branch for months despite the complaints from users. Thats what hurted l2j the most imo. People want something that works even if it doesnt have all the features. As a user id rather have something thats missing some features but works instead of getting all the features with lots of bugs that make the game unplayable (for example the 15k dagger blow bug before the skill rework ruined my server). I know i will get the "fix stuff yourself" response but all these problems from that period made a large number of the community to go into private forking or buying so they get something that at least works even if it involves "magic".

In a way there was an exchange of clear code and complete features in the longterm for less community.
Zoey76
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Zoey76 »

JMD wrote:In a way there was an exchange of clear code and complete features in the longterm for less community.
:+1: