Strange Problem

If something doesn't fit in any other forum then post it here.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Feldan

Strange Problem

Post by Feldan »

My server has been up and running for about a week and most people have no problem connecting. But there are a few people that get to the login screen and enter pass and name hit ok and nothing at all happens. No errors nothing. I have talked with them and they are not behind routers and have firewall and any AV proggys disabled. They are using same client as the other people that can connect.

I have searched for hours for a idea as to what is happening but nothing. Have read the threads at l2j forums and made a thread there but they didn't know either. They have tried the troubleshooting at wiki and no go. They can ping the server fine.

Anybody here have any ideas?? Because i am completely at a loss. I have protocols set right....no idea :?
Feldan

Post by Feldan »

Well i figured it out. There are some clients out there for C3 that use protocol 530 i didn't have mine set that low and for some reason the server never logged the attempt to get in and give a error like it usually does :)
Malik

Post by Malik »

You just say them to update their client. And it'll be fine :)
Feldan

Post by Feldan »

I just changed allowed protocols to 428-560 and they have no problem connecting now. I think that spread should have me covered for a bit :lol:
mcopaque

Post by mcopaque »

Hi,

I ave been having the same problem and just wondered if you could tell me where you change the protocol values.