MySql -Apache & connection from the web

If something doesn't fit in any other forum then post it here.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Shining

MySql -Apache & connection from the web

Post by Shining »

Hi guys,

I have a big problem..Everytime I try to connect from my website to my mysql database on my pc I cannot connect!

I've tried to re-configure apache,to disable firewalls but nothing happens..My pc is listening on port :80 but if I try a php script it can't connect to my Db..

I really need some tips on that beacause I need it working

Can someone explain me better how to configure apache?I'm pretty sure my configuration is not wrong!The problem maybe is another one.. :cry:

Idon't have a router..and all firewalls are disabled..

Thank you in advance

-This thread is also on the "server forum" but nobody helped me..maybe here is better :)-
DrLecter
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by DrLecter »

Shining

Post by Shining »

Thank you for the link but it did not solve my problem..so I checked the faq and the more similar to my problem is..

# Why can I access my website from the server or from my local network, but I can't access it from elsewhere on the Internet?

There are many possible reasons for this, and almost all of them are related to the configuration of your network, not the configuration of the Apache HTTP Server. One of the most common problems is that a firewall blocks access to the default HTTP port 80. In particular, many consumer ISPs block access to this port. You can see if this is the case by changing any Port and Listen directives in httpd.conf to use port 8000 and then request your site using http://yourhost.example.com:8000/. (Of course, a very restrictive firewall may block this port as well.)

Tried..but doesn't work :(
Shining

Post by Shining »

The problem is that I CAN see my folders and can browse them but all the tools for the server don't work...from a simple status script to a stats script.. :(
DrLecter
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by DrLecter »

Try this or just blow up everything and install this
Shining

Post by Shining »

I use easyphp... :(

I'll try the first link..thk you..