Protocol Version 268 - RETAIL Client

This is not a Support area! Discuss about the Server here. Non-Server related discussion goes in Off-Topic Discussion.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
whoizz

Protocol Version 268 - RETAIL Client

Post by whoizz »

any ideas how to get l2j to work with the current retail client, stated Protocol Version 268? - somehow I read in almost every location that l2j supported all clients, which doesn't look like to be the case - RequestAuthLogin fails with no user/password.

could be missing something, thou somehow it seems most of the servers I've seen around relies on modified clients from years and years ago - rather odd to have anything working in 2020 with such old clients which no one can actually find anymore (at least not a safe version).
jurchiks

Re: Protocol Version 268 - RETAIL Client

Post by jurchiks »

It probably has something to do with the fact the current retail game is just a completely different game compared to H5 and even more so older chronicles. Most old players want that "old but gold" experience. If you want to play retail, why not just play on the official server? It's free after all.
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
Zoey76
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Zoey76 »

whoizz wrote: โ†‘Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:42 pm any ideas how to get l2j to work with the current retail client, stated Protocol Version 268? - somehow I read in almost every location that l2j supported all clients, which doesn't look like to be the case - RequestAuthLogin fails with no user/password.

could be missing something, thou somehow it seems most of the servers I've seen around relies on modified clients from years and years ago - rather odd to have anything working in 2020 with such old clients which no one can actually find anymore (at least not a safe version).
L2J doesn't support latest client versions, protocol 268 is the first High Five version, we probably support it with some issues, we recommend High Five part 5, protocol 273, check our discord channel for more support.
Powered by Eclipse 4.30 ๐ŸŒŒ | Eclipse Temurin 21 โ˜• | MariaDB 11.2.2 ๐Ÿ—ƒ๏ธ | L2J Server 2.6.3.0 - High Five ๐Ÿš€

๐Ÿ”— Join our Discord! ๐ŸŽฎ๐Ÿ’ฌ
whoizz

Post by whoizz »

jurchiks wrote: โ†‘Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:02 pm It probably has something to do with the fact the current retail game is just a completely different game compared to H5 and even more so older chronicles. Most old players want that "old but gold" experience. If you want to play retail, why not just play on the official server? It's free after all.
the current client is leagues and leagues ahead of the old "clients" in terms of rendering performance, resource allocation, configuration, and the list goes on.. - l2j has packet handlers based on protocol version and l2j supports multiple clients, reason why I asked. I'd still intend to run an older version of the server, which was the "old but gold", mainly for test purposes, not willing to download dodgy clients thou.

PS: not sure why you thought I wanted to play Retail, in fact I have no idea how you ended up thinking someone wanting to play Retail would end up in this forum asking about Protocol Version.. not trying to be rude but I'd suggest you to consider staying in the topic of what's been asked - assumptions don't work well between developers.
Last edited by whoizz on Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whoizz

Post by whoizz »

Zoey76 wrote: โ†‘Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:23 am
whoizz wrote: โ†‘Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:42 pm any ideas how to get l2j to work with the current retail client, stated Protocol Version 268? - somehow I read in almost every location that l2j supported all clients, which doesn't look like to be the case - RequestAuthLogin fails with no user/password.

L2J doesn't support latest client versions, protocol 268 is the first High Five version, we probably support it with some issues, we recommend High Five part 5, protocol 273, check our discord channel for more support.
thanks, I will have a look on the commit history - H5 already sounds like a decent clue to figure out the initial handshake.
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

whoizz wrote: โ†‘Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:22 pm PS: not sure why you thought I wanted to play Retail, in fact I have no idea how you ended up thinking someone wanting to play Retail would end up in this forum asking about Protocol Version.. not trying to be rude but I'd suggest you to consider staying in the topic of what's been asked - assumptions don't work well between developers.
Well that was absolutely unnecessary...
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
faizanmazhar00

Post by faizanmazhar00 »

Informative
zahidqureshi8519

Post by zahidqureshi8519 »

I've seen around