utf8mb4 encoding support

Support for the latest build of L2J Server, get help here with installations, upgrades, problems.
Do not post bugs reports here, use viewforum.php?f=77 instead.
There is no support for other server builds than the official provided by l2jserver.com
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
KGB1st

utf8mb4 encoding support

Post by KGB1st »

Is l2jserver support utf8mb4 encoding? And how I must configure my db for this? Thx :wave:
KGB1st

Re: utf8mb4 encoding support

Post by KGB1st »

com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.PoolInitializationException: Exception during pool initialization: Unsupported character encoding 'utf8mb4'.
bad, it's bad..
Sacrifice
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Sacrifice »

KGB1st wrote:Is l2jserver support utf8mb4 encoding? And how I must configure my db for this? Thx :wave:
Why you need that?.
KGB1st

Post by KGB1st »

Sacrifice wrote:
KGB1st wrote:Is l2jserver support utf8mb4 encoding? And how I must configure my db for this? Thx :wave:
Why you need that?.
Why?! :lolno: I think that I can use symbols, smyles and japan lang for nicknames' template.. :wtf:
HorridoJoho
L2j Senior Developer
L2j Senior Developer

Post by HorridoJoho »

Are you talking about .properties files? Or what files is the hikari pool reading?

.properties files support the ISO-8859-1 charset, when you want to use unicode you need to escape it with \uXXXX.
Properties (Java Platform SE 8) wrote: public void load(InputStream inStream) throws IOException

Reads a property list (key and element pairs) from the input byte stream. The input stream is in a simple line-oriented format as specified in load(Reader) and is assumed to use the ISO 8859-1 character encoding; that is each byte is one Latin1 character. Characters not in Latin1, and certain special characters, are represented in keys and elements using Unicode escapes as defined in section 3.3 of The Java™ Language Specification.
BalusC on stackoverflow wrote: When using a sane IDE such as Eclipse, this is already automatically done when you create a .properties file in a Java based project and use Eclipse's own editor. Eclipse will transparently convert the characters beyond ISO-8859-1 range to \uXXXX format.
EDIT: I just se that utf8mb4 is a database thing. You are using the Hikari Database Pool implementation, which does not support utf8mb4.
Is it only on initialization? In your database try utf8 as standard enccoding and utf8mb4 on the tables.
KGB1st

Post by KGB1st »

HorridoJoho wrote:Are you talking about .properties files?
Yes, I told about properties.
HorridoJoho wrote:In your database try utf8 as standard enccoding and utf8mb4 on the tables.
Yes. I did.

P.S. Thanks for good stuff.