Problem creating characters

Find the proper support area, Saga-Version.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
badangel

Problem creating characters

Post by badangel »

If you want to receive support we need this info to help you properly.
» Find Revision
L2J Revision Number:3190
L2JDP Revision Number: 6xxx

Whenever you create an income character in the game, whatever the race, it closes the game. I tried several systems and I am still going the same. So I think that is the server that loses something when creating a new character in the database. Does anyone know a workaround or patch that is not happening.
I hope you can help me thanks.

It's just closing the client, the characters are created without any problem.
FlapJack

Re: Problem creating characters

Post by FlapJack »

i think i seen that on a coupel servers
when u create ur character u can see ur health bar already its pretty weird
robyfow85

Post by robyfow85 »

This is because of the database installer that l2j (or others) provide. It somehow triggers a General Protection Fault in the client , as I remember. I found a solution :

Make you own database installer file (an sql file with all u need inside)

If u want u can try to only build the db structure and not the entries too...but this needs some modification in the database_installer.sh (.bat)

All the best !
P.S.: Waiting for ur reply...
toastgodsupreme

Post by toastgodsupreme »

robyfow85 wrote:This is because of the database installer that l2j (or others) provide. It somehow triggers a General Protection Fault in the client , as I remember. I found a solution :

Make you own database installer file (an sql file with all u need inside)

If u want u can try to only build the db structure and not the entries too...but this needs some modification in the database_installer.sh (.bat)

All the best !
P.S.: Waiting for ur reply...
Can I come up with crazy theories too?

The only time I've EVER seen a client crash when you make a new character is when the char_creation_items.sql either didn't get imported correctly OR you have custom items in char_creation_items.sql.

So get the original char_creation_items.sql from SVN, run it, and it should be fine. The client is sensitive as hell about it. No joke.