Freya Server -- Help Needed

Find the proper support area, Saga-Version.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
kutt

Freya Server -- Help Needed

Post by kutt »

I'm running Protocol Version 216 for supported Client on my server.properties. How do you find the version of your client?

All i've seen is to check it on the l2.exe in cmd as admin. But I don't have l2.exe in my system folder due to the Freya client not having one. Can anyone help me either:
A ) find the right client i need to work with my server (server is up and running, i just cant log in to it.)
B ) point me in the right direction as to finding out how to get my client to run.

All assistance is SUPER appreciated!

Thanks,

-Kutt
HorridoJoho
L2j Senior Developer
L2j Senior Developer

Re: Freya Server -- Help Needed

Post by HorridoJoho »

First of all, the right section is in Server Discussions. Now to you questions.

You can find out the protocol version of your client by starting l2.exe or l2.bin using the start parameter -L2ProtocolVersion. This will only show a message box without starting the client.
kutt

Post by kutt »

HorridoJoho wrote: You can find out the protocol version of your client by starting l2.exe or l2.bin using the start parameter -L2ProtocolVersion. This will only show a message box without starting the client.
When I try this from the .exe I made nothing happens at all. It just doesn't do anything. No error message either.

When I try it from the l2.bin that already existed I get an error saying side-by-side configuration is incorrect. What does that even mean?
kutt

Post by kutt »

After some searching I've found that maybe I have too new of a C++ distribution? Does downgrading make sense here?
HorridoJoho
L2j Senior Developer
L2j Senior Developer

Post by HorridoJoho »

It makes sense to install all older Visual C++ Redistributables. Applications such as the HighFive version of the client won't work with the 2015 redistributables. Usually applications make sure that the right C++ runtime library is installed while installing the application itself. But i guess you dont used the installer of Lineage II, so you don't have that installed.

Which version of the redistributable you need for HighFive i don't know. Here are all links to the latest versions of the runtimes from 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2015:
2015: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=52982
2013: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=40784
2012: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=30679
2010: https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/downloa ... x?id=26999
2008: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=26368
2005: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=26347

To find out which redistributable is required for the high five client, install one by one, when the client starts to work after an install you know which redistributable was the right one.
kutt

Post by kutt »

I've checked my distributions and they are all installed.
2005, 2008, 2010,2012,2013,2015

i still get the side by side error though. Does anyone have any suggestions?
kutt

Post by kutt »

I downloaded a brand new client to test with (version 198 according to the installer) this is High Five correct?

I try to check the version number using:
START l2.bin -L2ProtocolVersion

And it gives me side by side error.

However, if I go to topzone or w/e and find a random high five server and download their system folder and run the same command it gives me the version number like it's supposed to.

I don't understand why this is happening.
HorridoJoho
L2j Senior Developer
L2j Senior Developer

Post by HorridoJoho »

The latest high five client is with protocol version 273.

I Have no idea about the side by side error.
kutt

Post by kutt »

I believe my fallback on this new windows 10 machine is that I don't have the proper setup going on. .NET or C++ or something seems to be out of whack. I could be wrong.
kutt

Post by kutt »

HorridoJoho wrote:The latest high five client is with protocol version 273.
Do you know by chance what the latest protocol version of Interlude client is?

If so, do you know of server files (since repo is down) that I could access? My dream would be to set up an Interlude server. But I've been trying to settle for a High Five (assuming it'd install easier due to being newer). I have an interlude private server i connect to so i know my pc is compatible with it as is. I just can't find the L2J Server files anywhere. I can get the Datapacks, just not the server. :(

Also, I just downloaded High Five client H5 Part 5 and when i go to install it this is what it tells me it is.
h5setup.PNG
This says it would update it to 198. But you said this isn't the real h5 server one right?

UPDATE
I have downloaded that client in the picture and ran the START L2.exe -L2ProtocolVersion and it is in fact 273.

I'm in the process of getting it transferred and installed on my Server box now. I will update again if this hasn't been responded to! :)

UPDATE 2
I have a L2ProtocolVersion 268 (how do i update this to 273?)
or does anyone have a link for a 273 version?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kutt

Post by kutt »

UPDATE 3

Ok, I have the servers running (I'm running High Five Protocol Version 268 client, and this protocol is supported according to my server.properties file).

NOW, the issue is when i run l2.exe the splash screen appears. and then disappears after a few seconds. and NOTHING happens.

I have to be getting close to this thing working...Do you have any idea why this is behaving like this?
HorridoJoho
L2j Senior Developer
L2j Senior Developer

Post by HorridoJoho »

There were no official high five client download with protocol version 273. 273 was only an update through the launcher of lineage 2. If you can find an updated high five client without modifications you can be happy.
Sacrifice
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Sacrifice »

HorridoJoho wrote:There were no official high five client download with protocol version 273. 273 was only an update through the launcher of lineage 2. If you can find an updated high five client without modifications you can be happy.
I think that only changes l2.exe file from 268 to 273, but im not sure...
kutt

Post by kutt »

Do you guys have any idea where I can find one of those? I've scoured the web and the only ones I seem to find are other private servers modified clients. :(