Question regarding tools, which display client images

Have you created a useful tool? or Do you want to get help building one? This is the right place!
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Hyrelius

Question regarding tools, which display client images

Post by Hyrelius »

Hello,

a friend of mine and I decided to try making an Eclipse plugin, which would allow a nice preview of HTML files on a regular dialog box (NpcHtmlMessage) as well as on the bigger one (ShowBoard, community board).

We'd also like to be able to display images, which are available on the client only. Since they are copyright by NCZ0ft, I thought it'd be best to not include them in the plugin. I'd include placeholder graphics instead - in case the developer does not have (or does not want to use) any extracted client-side images.

Would it be still alright to offer the plugin on here? Except for those 2 dialog boxes no images would be shipped with the plugin. Instead we'd have a property where the user could set a path to the extracted TGA images, which in turn would be used for previewing images live inside a Eclipse editor.

I thought I'd ask before actually spending lots of time on this and then not being able to offer it here. You might ask why I'd want to offer it here anyway. The answer is: I've used L2J for quite some time, yet I wasn't really able to give anything back, because at the server I was working on, I wasn't really allowed to publish any of my scripts. So I feel like I should give something back and I want to explore Eclipse (v4+) plugin development, because I might need it in my job later.

Thanks for replies in advance!ยฐ
I don't mind helping - however: I only do so if I want to.
No support for other server packs than L2J.
jurchiks

Re: Question regarding tools, which display client images

Post by jurchiks »

Do it for the learning experience.
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
Zoey76
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Re: Question regarding tools, which display client images

Post by Zoey76 »

I did a similar plug-in, but is not ready to be shared.