Questions regarding sending packets to L2JServer

Have you created a useful tool? or Do you want to get help building one? This is the right place!
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Quantum

Questions regarding sending packets to L2JServer

Post by Quantum »

Hello :wave:

I'm trying to create a web interface that allows me to perform certain operations ingame such as directly adding items to a given player's inventory, or something like opening a dialog window for every player ingame by pressing a button in my web interface.

After looking inside the L2J source code I found that the L2GamePacketHandler.java class is responsible for handling packets which bode well for my little side project. However, it seems in order for a packet to get processed, the L2GamePacketHandler needs a L2GameClient which leads me to my questions:

- Is it possible for anything other than a L2GameClient to get it's packets handled by the L2JServer?
- If this is indeed possible, how would I implement this? (maybe post actual/pseudo code if it's not too much trouble)
- If this is not possible, would it then be possible to create a workaround?

My knowledge regarding the structuring of MMO's is limited which is why I've decided to make this thread, so forgive me if my questions sound stupid.

Thanks
UnAfraid
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Re: Questions regarding sending packets to L2JServer

Post by UnAfraid »

Hello,

You might wanna check telnet implementation, or your own REST api within the server source if you like something more modern and secure for usage outside localhost (Because i wouldn't recommend exposing telnet to public internet)