Decrease re-use time of website search!

Post here doubts, ideas, suggestions and support requests about the website and the forums.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
James

Decrease re-use time of website search!

Post by James »

Everyone tells us to search, but we have to wait 5 minutes in between searches. No wonder people just post instead.
ThePhoenixBird
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Re: Decrease re-use time of website search!

Post by ThePhoenixBird »

User search flood time: 30 seconds
Guests search flood time: 5 mins

Those settings will be not modified.

To avoid unnecessary server load from anonymous guests we have that protection up, if you feel quite annoyed by it then register a forum account and get full access.
James

Post by James »

Well if you look at my username that I posted with. You can certainly see that I have indeed registered. As for the guest, makes sense. But you normally don't have enough registered people on at the same time to affect the webserver. Unless of course it is run on the new atom processors.

Either way,

Stubborn people remain stubborn...

Just stop complaining when people choose to post rather than waste hours waiting to search because they don't understand advanced search queries. (Not to mention its not just search, but reviewing your own posts as well).
raz

Post by raz »

I found this and thought it was fitting, although i do agree with what James says =)

Not like my opinion matter or anything lol
Copyleft

Post by Copyleft »

ThePhoenixBird wrote:User search flood time: 30 seconds
Guests search flood time: 5 mins

Those settings will be not modified.

To avoid unnecessary server load from anonymous guests we have that protection up, if you feel quite annoyed by it then register a forum account and get full access.
I was going to post about this... 30s hurts, limits the searching potential :P

Anyways... could you atleast dont limit it to 14 characters of length? It makes it almost impossible to search for methods. And I cant get it to work with wildcards... It will just find... *junk*. Try to search for a method of more than 14 chars length with wildcards (Example IncreasePvpKills()). Or I am total noob at searching or I couldn't find anything reliable...

ty

edit: ok. problem isnt wildcards, they work GREAT (as i thought!) problem is search engine doesnt look inside ["code"]

Code: Select all

trytofindthis