International Section

Post here doubts, ideas, suggestions and support requests about the website and the forums.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
janiii
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Re: International Section

Post by janiii »

the ppl would just ignore "your" rules about english description in contribs, because they already ignore the rules on general l2j forum.

it is only lazyness making such forum section, so that ppl do not need to write in english.

if there would be an international section and you say more ppl would come to forum - how would this help the general community and the other users that dont speak the other language? it wouldnt, only that i would get flooded by posts that i dont understand and where i cant help.
maybe you would open possibilities to SOME users, but you would close possibilities to MANY users.

also now, there is possibility if a user cant express himself in english, he can try to write the post ALSO in his language. the only difference to what you want is that he has to write it in english first. english is the main language of this forum.
DO NOT EVEN TRY TO MESS WITH ME!
forum flOOder dancing dEVILoper
I don't give private support - PM will be ignored!
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

well obviously we think differently
i think that in each language section people would surface that would know more than others and would help the newbies
not necassarily the current community members, as you seem to think
the world is wide, internet is even wider, people will come if they're expected, but now you're rejecting them

people EVERYWHERE have ignored and WILL ignore some rules, YOU and nobody else can't do a shit about it, that's just the way people are

no, laziness it is not, it's support

but who cares, i don't like arguing with people, especially with women, they almost never listen, and it's a proven fact right here
i'm done here, there's no point if it's just you answering
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
mgbhard

Post by mgbhard »

jurchiks wrote:well obviously we think differently
i think that in each language section people would surface that would know more than others and would help the newbies
not necassarily the current community members, as you seem to think
the world is wide, internet is even wider, people will come if they're expected, but now you're rejecting them

people EVERYWHERE have ignored and WILL ignore some rules, YOU and nobody else can't do a shit about it, that's just the way people are

no, laziness it is not, it's support

but who cares, i don't like arguing with people, especially with women, they almost never listen, and it's a proven fact right here
i'm done here, there's no point if it's just you answering
Disrespecting janiii it's not a very good way to make your point heard...

As for me, this topic can be closed
djbenny

Post by djbenny »

International forum :

Main Language ENG.
"all EU counties learn Basic ENG"

Mods Topic Closed please.
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

not standing up to your ideas means disrespecting yourself
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
DrHouse
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by DrHouse »

First of all, we thank you for your interest and your suggestion. It might be interesting to allow some languages on l2jserver.com

However, there will not be any international section in the forum for now. That is Inner Circle official position, further discussion is wasting your time. Nevertheless, we will study any alternative way to expand our limits beyond 'English' and allow L2JServer world to grow. Community will be informed about our plans in the future.

Thanks again.

PS: User "jurchiks" severely warned: no more chauvinist comments, please...

Leadership and management are not talk and talk, but talk and do

Proud of being a part of this project
ThePhoenixBird
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by ThePhoenixBird »

I think that we can understand perfectly between each other in English. If you cant write properly in english use a translator, there are plenty of free and excellent ones out there (Google one does a great job even in Rus>Eng)

I know that your purpose is to extend the Support for non-english speakers and we think that your have a good intention, but at the same time, English readers couldnt read Russian content, also i know that it may be hard to Russian, Spanish, and many other languages read English, but the translators nowdays have a high rate of conversion from English to other languages.

At the same time, we think that adding international forums will make that users would need to have not just 1 translator at hand, they would need 3 or more to read the entire forum... that would be a real pain, not for you, for all the people, and as Janiii said, if all the support is in english, then we can focus all the help on just a language.

At the current time we think that your idea of a International Section open for many other languages is a good idea, but it will not produce the results that we want and it will not help the whole community, just a 15% of it.

Im also a not native english speaker, im from Venezuela (Spanish) and i even answer in english to the people that ask in spanish, so? took me 4 years with a Old School Heavy ENG>SPA Dictionary on my lap to lean english... today there is stuff that does it in less a second.