International Section

Post here doubts, ideas, suggestions and support requests about the website and the forums.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
mgbhard

International Section

Post by mgbhard »

Why don't you open an international section, so people who speaks other languages has their space in the l2j community, in l2jo this worked very well.
janiii
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Re: International Section

Post by janiii »

it didnt work, because mostly russians wrote bug reports and wait for fix, but none of the devs speaks russian, so that didnt have any sense.
same for patches and custom mods - ppl post it then only in their language section and it is not available for other users who dont speak that language.
i am against non-english forum.
DO NOT EVEN TRY TO MESS WITH ME!
forum flOOder dancing dEVILoper
I don't give private support - PM will be ignored!
mgbhard

Post by mgbhard »

janiii wrote:it didnt work, because mostly russians wrote bug reports and wait for fix, but none of the devs speaks russian, so that didnt have any sense.
same for patches and custom mods - ppl post it then only in their language section and it is not available for other users who dont speak that language.
i am against non-english forum.
I don't speak russian, neither english :P but.. I could help if you want to create an spanish section, at least with my basic knowledge of l2j, i can help with basic questions or problems, and also can to translate bug reports if its needed.

Anyway, was just an idea.
ThePhoenixBird
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by ThePhoenixBird »

mgbhard

Post by mgbhard »

ThePhoenixBird wrote:Read This: viewtopic.php?f=96&t=11812
Mmm i get your point, but i still think that even if we speak (or write) a little english, explaining problems, or giving bug reports, translated with google translator it's not really posible.
I don't think that giving a space to people who speaks other lenguage is going to divide the comunity, instead is allowing more people to take part of this great proyect.
I can't speak for other language than spanish, but taking in consideration that part of the core of l2j does speak it, would be a nice adition, not only to newby admins that wanna know how to give gm acces to a char, but also to the comunity, allowing more testers, feedback, etc.

Sorry about my sucky english.
Topic can be closed if you wish.
Thx
Marcelo
ThePhoenixBird
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by ThePhoenixBird »

mgbhard wrote: Sorry about my sucky english.
You are doing well so far.
denser

Post by denser »

it is dev forum, not like kinda circus or social network... :P
if you want to speak on your language - so ask users to fill FROM_WHERE field in profile and make LS to them) if they have same speaking language of course :twisted:
Tiger, once tasted human flesh, will want to taste it again
L2J - the place where glad to see you any time!
Crom

Post by Crom »

To make possible an international section l2j need a group of translators, and this make a "telephone effect"
MELERIX
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by MELERIX »

Bloodshed
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Bloodshed »

It will just isolate people, bad idea if you ask me.
taking a break;
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

i'd say it's worth a try, at least make a test section for few most popular languages, russian will be very popular, i know russians do madhaxx with l2j :D
i speak russian too
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
BiggBoss
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by BiggBoss »

That would not be right for who has a no much spoken language
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

oh cmon, the whole world is like that, what now?
at least there would be more people contributing, isn't that good enough?
_DS_ is russian himself, he could more or less moderate the russian forums if he agrees
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
janiii
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by janiii »

no, other ppl would just have no chance to get that code, because they would not understand what is the topic. no.

for contributing and code posting, you dont need so many english words. and if you need help, you can try in english, with google translator and then in your language. i dont see any problem with the forum language like it is now. the l2j code is also in english - do you want to translate the method and class names also to other languages? no.

do you think ppl will get more help when posting in their language forum? no, because there will be less ppl reading it and able to help. DS doesnt have much time for reading every topic and helping out with every little code error the ppl have, he has much more important stuff to do (called real life and less important like l2j development).

just "NO", it would just separate the community and would not help anyone at the end.
DO NOT EVEN TRY TO MESS WITH ME!
forum flOOder dancing dEVILoper
I don't give private support - PM will be ignored!
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

"DS doesnt have much time for reading every topic and helping out with every little code error the ppl have"
... nobody says he has to...
other people WOULD have the chance, because download links and attachments can't be mistaken
besides, you can always make a rule that contributions always need to have an english description, and that's it
there is no problem with the forum now, this would just attract more people, novadays there are barely 20 people online
you're way too stubborn for this
women...