Posting limitation

Post here doubts, ideas, suggestions and support requests about the website and the forums.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Vith

Posting limitation

Post by Vith »

I'm sure you have some strong reasons that posting is limited for new users ("you need 5 posts...", "you need 50 posts..."). Still, it greatly discourages taking part in discussions & encourages spamming in non-limited forums.

phpBB has this feature, "newbie user" = a user with posts count < XX. Maybe consider processing posts of members of this group through the moderation queue?

Another idea, lower the limit to 1 post, and create the only non-limited "introductory" forum, where newly registered users can post why they're interested in L2j, e.g. "wanna be dev", "pro-player interested in how does it work", "to-be-server-owner" etc.

Yuppie, this is my 5th post! (-;
me = new Geek();
while (me.getSpareTime() > 0)
{
me.playLineage();
}
printf("Another nonconstructive day (-;\n");
scizyr

Re: Posting limitation

Post by scizyr »

I don't understand why you have posting limitations here. If people are posting irrelevant information or posting in the wrong forum just move their posts or delete them.

I wanted to add to the discussion in this topic but I guess I don't post enough spam to participate. Anyways, what I wanted to add is that I've had this same bug affecting my project for quite some time now. I actually disregarded it as a client-side bug as the dropped items don't show up in L2Net(yes I allow bots on my server project) until I noticed that it could cause players to get stuck like the original poster described in that thread. The reason it is so prevalent in my server is because I am using 100% full loot drop on death, so when players die they drop between 50-100 items to the ground and there are always bugged items that remain on the ground after the player recovers their drops.

Just thought I'd offer that as a way to replicate the bug. I guess this is the wrong section of the forum to post server discussions but I have nothing to say in any of the other forum sections. There is no way I can get the required 5 posts unless I post a bunch of spam in the off-topic section and I have no desire to do so. Kind of sad too because I have a lot to add to the conversations here since my project differs so greatly from the normal. Oh well.

My apologies for posting this in the wrong section.
ThePhoenixBird
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Re: Posting limitation

Post by ThePhoenixBird »

Please refer to this GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENT if you have any questions about our posting limitation techniques viewtopic.php?f=80&t=16371

We are aware that this method is not perfect, but its the most effective at this moment, please bear with us.