Post count

Post here doubts, ideas, suggestions and support requests about the website and the forums.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
webmanix

Post count

Post by webmanix »

Oh, well, i know this looks odd but, the 5 post limite to post in some areas make no sense at all, it forces ppl to force 5 messages to then have access to something so simple...

Seriously, i just registered to comment in a topic and, it ask me to have 5 miserable posts to post my message there, and so, im forced to send 5 useless messages b4 i can actually start discussing what i was interested into lol, this REALLY annoyed me, no metter the reasons, its useless and should be removed (i dont like saying this stuff but, well, this is really annoying and since i need 5 posts, 4 to go =P)

Btw, i was going to comment in Server discussion section, really not big deal...
You do not have the required post count to post in this forum.
In order to make a post in this forum, you must have 5 posts.
ThePhoenixBird
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Re: Post count

Post by ThePhoenixBird »

Read this: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=16371

We have our reasons to enforce this.
webmanix

Post by webmanix »

force 5 posts? where im gonna post? WHAT im gonna post lol? i dont have WHAT to talk about... i cant even flood because i dont have a place to do it omfg there is nothing i can post to get these 5 posts now a limit of 5 posts is EVIL, at the same time its not much, it prevents me from having access to important areas i would like to comment... anyway, whatever, this really takes away any will i have to help anything lol

Bureaucracy, always ruin with good things.
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

Believe me, it's not useless, a bot pops up every now and then and starts spamming everywhere it can. If all categories/subforums were open it would make a big mess, now it's pretty isolated.
I know it's annoying to see ppl spam posts like "nice work dude +1" in every topic, but the bots are of same level of annoyance.
You should be able to reply in Datapack Development subforums though.
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
webmanix

Post by webmanix »

its been hours since this started, i give up lol... i dont think i want to help anything at all anymore, but it was good to... try .-.

btw, im part of other forums, never seen this kind of bot (or moderators kick ass there or, this forum is just a target of the bots)
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

Don't give up, only 2 more posts to go :D
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
ThePhoenixBird
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by ThePhoenixBird »

webmanix wrote:i dont think i want to help anything at all anymore, but it was good to... try .-.
If you give up so easily on something as small like a 5 posts requirement, then i dunno if you would actually help someone in something here.

You know, helping another people involves dedication, research and time, using those resources on helping another people takes a lot of patience and good will, if you cant even pass the lame 5 post requirement, then i dont see any of those virtues on you.

FYI, you can easily feed up your post counter helping people at the Support Forums, there is no post requirement there... is the basic principle of give-and-take
janiii
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by janiii »

because users dont see the bots on this forum, doesnt mean they are not here. i am banning bots every week here, other mods do the same in the mean time. i also try to reduce some of the post hunting posts, but still there is a reason for it. if you dont understand it, there is a reason - you are not mature enough. some of the forum sections dont have restrictions to post - general support forums. that should be enough for new users. if they want more, they can help others on the support sections and then get their help on custom mods section. there is nothing for free or without own action anywhere. none of the users that help the others get anything for their help.

"give and you can be given."
DO NOT EVEN TRY TO MESS WITH ME!
forum flOOder dancing dEVILoper
I don't give private support - PM will be ignored!
webmanix

Post by webmanix »

ThePhoenixBird wrote:
webmanix wrote:i dont think i want to help anything at all anymore, but it was good to... try .-.
If you give up so easily on something as small like a 5 posts requirement, then i dunno if you would actually help someone in something here.

You know, helping another people involves dedication, research and time, using those resources on helping another people takes a lot of patience and good will, if you cant even pass the lame 5 post requirement, then i dont see any of those virtues on you.

FYI, you can easily feed up your post counter helping people at the Support Forums, there is no post requirement there... is the basic principle of give-and-take
uh, dont get me wrong, i just hate bureaucracy but i also use a lot from l2j project, so i belive its fair to share with the comunity. But things like these, are really annoying, i mean, force me to write 5 posts to stop bots looks weird, since every new member has to write 5 posts to have access to some areas (i saw some other areas are 50 posts) and this certainly generates tons of useless posts, i dont belive a bot floods the forum with more than 5 posts lol (or 50 if it tries to reach other areas)

But everything is just a point of view... if you preffer 50 (flood content ofc) posts from users instead of 2-3 (spam) from bots, its a valid option...
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

Come on now, getting 5 posts in the Freya Server Support alone is easier than easy, you don't even have to flood. Some people have so simple problems there it's very easy to give them directions.
But sure, if you want to get 5 posts in 1 minute and another 20 or so in the next five...