Remaining time display

This is not a Support area! Discuss about the Server here. Non-Server related discussion goes in Off-Topic Discussion.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Sabo

Remaining time display

Post by Sabo »

Hello,

I was wondering if the countdowns are working properly (retail-like I guess).

Since it rounds the remaining time display down, when it comes to seconds, the number shown is always 1 lower than the actual remaining time. So when for example it shows 10s left, it's actually 11. And when it says 0 it's actually 1 more second.
Wouldn't it be more logical if the buff disappeared 1s after showing 1s left, therefore never even showing the 0 (unless there's lag I guess)? Same for cool-down timers on the quick bar; you need to wait 1 more second after it shows 0.

I'll stress again: It's not an issue with duration, just the display.
Zoey76
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Re: Remaining time display

Post by Zoey76 »

I think it's client side, I don't remember any changeset where we added support for that.
Powered by Eclipse 4.30 ๐ŸŒŒ | Eclipse Temurin 21 โ˜• | MariaDB 11.3.2 ๐Ÿ—ƒ๏ธ | L2J Server 2.6.3.0 - High Five ๐Ÿš€

๐Ÿ”— Join our Discord! ๐ŸŽฎ๐Ÿ’ฌ
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

Not sure but wasn't there a server packet required for the buffs to actually be removed? Afaik unless the server says so, the icon will remain there even the timer is 0 so that could possibly be a server-side timer issue.
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
Stake

Post by Stake »

If we rounded it up, then it would count from 1 minute 0 second, that the client can't display, instead of 59 seconds. I think it's better, since we round down values for an incrementing timer too.
Zoey76
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Zoey76 »

jurchiks wrote:Not sure but wasn't there a server packet required for the buffs to actually be removed? Afaik unless the server says so, the icon will remain there even the timer is 0 so that could possibly be a server-side timer issue.
For shorcuts is client side, maybe is possible to do a better synch but that would require to rewrite part of the code that sends the reuse time.