Eclipse red cross errors

Have you created a useful tool? or Do you want to get help building one? This is the right place!
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
jurchiks

Re: Eclipse red cross errors

Post by jurchiks »

did you actually try to change the compiler level and restart eclipse?
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
RogerSmith

Post by RogerSmith »

jurchiks wrote:did you actually try to change the compiler level and restart eclipse?
You mean 1.7 in compliance?

That was set for both workspace and project specific. Restarted a bunch of times and checked whether the boxes were still checked - they were. It still wouldn't work.
Once I deleted anything that was of Java 6 or anything below 7 it would give me an error when compiling saying "Specified VM install not found, name: jre6" or something like that.

If it convinces you more I just changed the external tools to use the same JRE as workspace (default) and it still works. So, looks like everything is in place now.

Thanks.
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

quick google for that error message gave me this:
Ant wont run says "Specified VM install not found: type Standard VM, name jre6"!
Solution : delete the "<workspace_dir>\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.debug.core\.launches\projectname.xml.launch" file and problem is solved
obviously you should use your own path for the workspace.
source: http://merakachra.blogspot.com/2010/11/ ... -type.html
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
RogerSmith

Post by RogerSmith »

jurchiks wrote:quick google for that error message gave me this:
Ant wont run says "Specified VM install not found: type Standard VM, name jre6"!
Solution : delete the "<workspace_dir>\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.debug.core\.launches\projectname.xml.launch" file and problem is solved
obviously you should use your own path for the workspace.
source: http://merakachra.blogspot.com/2010/11/ ... -type.html
Yes, the comments also include the particular method I used.

Everything is in place now, compiled successfully a bunch of times.

Thanks for help.