WIKI - Getting started with Eclipse

Have you created a useful tool? or Do you want to get help building one? This is the right place!
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
jurchiks

Re: WIKI - Getting started with Eclipse

Post by jurchiks »

Well, Subversive's merge supposedly does that, so that shouldn't be a problem, other than the different interface. Unless they're missing something important, but I wouldn't know of that.
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
TFNG

Post by TFNG »

Well .. thought I had it but now some things I check out have a red exclamation mark on their icon. What does that mean I wonder.
So.. delete everything and try again, following jurchiks wiki... all is good until the installation of the svn.. the javahl 1.7.4 thing... fails at the end. It said to check error logs so off I go in search for said error logs... Eclipse help file says it's under "window->show view->error logs" ... ummm .. there is no such animal in my eclipse ..lol
Whats a person to do?
Deleting everything and using melerix's wiki .. again.
TFNG

Post by TFNG »

Success!
Using Melerix's wiki it has once again, and finally, completed without a hitch.
Checked stuff out, compiled stuff.. all with no errors or warnings. Only thing I did differently this last time was to re-install java 7u5.
Calling this part done... finally. What a mess eh?
Thanks to you both!
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

What? JavaHL connector fails?
But Subclipse should install it aswell, doesn't it? All SVN plugins require an SVN connector.
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
TFNG

Post by TFNG »

I don't know what to tell you... but doing it your way the javahl install fails.. twice for me. And for whatever reason there won't be a way to view the error logs either. Doing it melerix's way worked.. and I have an error logs choice in the proper menu too... weird eh?
But in all fairness I didn't re-install java 7u5 prior to doing it your way so I dunno ... maybe it would have worked... I can't say.
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

Well, if Error Log wasn't in Window -> Show View, then you could have tried Window -> Show View -> Other, and it must be in General group.
It might differ between versions of Eclipse since the default Show View list is made of most commonly used Views.
There is also absolutely no reason to reinstall JDK all the time; Eclipse doesn't modify it.

Waaaait, could it be you're on Linux? If so, you can't use JavaHL, you need to use the SVNKit plugin (I wrote that in the manual).

But if not, could you perhaps try to reproduce the JavaHL error and just make a screenshot (I'm curious since me and all the other people I've set up Eclipse for have never had a problem with this)?
You don't have to delete your existing setup, just extract Eclipse again somewhere else and use a different folder for workspace. You can do it like this: extract Eclipse to "C:\eclipse_test" (or whatever your HDD letter is) and when it asks for workspace, point it to "C:\eclipse_test\workspace".
Then you'll just have to delete the "eclipse_test" folder.
Zoey76
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Zoey76 »

I just read http://www.l2jserver.com/wiki/Setup_Eclipse_and_SVN

And it's nothing like my Eclipse set up, and I have installed it from scratch 2 weeks ago.

It closer to viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10719

I think we should drop one wiki, or at least have the same information on them.
Powered by Eclipse 4.30 ๐ŸŒŒ | Eclipse Temurin 21 โ˜• | MariaDB 11.3.2 ๐Ÿ—ƒ๏ธ | L2J Server 2.6.3.0 - High Five ๐Ÿš€

๐Ÿ”— Join our Discord! ๐ŸŽฎ๐Ÿ’ฌ
MELERIX
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by MELERIX »

is because jurchiks made the guide using Subversive instead of Subclipse xD

so may be we can start to use Subversive too (due now is stable in Eclipse 3.8.x & 4.2.x), but first it should be tested: with commits, checkouts, syncronizations, merge tools, etc, to know if comparable in capabilities to Subclipse ;)

otherwise no sense...
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

Zoey76 wrote:And it's nothing like my Eclipse set up
what's different except the SVN plugin?
Man, you people sure like to keep old info around... I took my time to update the guide to match latest Eclipse and now you say "it's so different!"

The TRAC wiki guide is much less detailed than mine and it completely skips the eclipse and plugin setup steps (just a link to "there's the guide"), as well has has "hardcoded" svn links.
Not to mention the TRAC guides should both be exactly the same apart from the svn link (which means duplicate info).

@MELERIX - commits, checkouts and Synchronize with Repository are almost exactly the same as Subclipse.
Last edited by jurchiks on Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zoey76
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Zoey76 »

jurchiks wrote:
Zoey76 wrote:And it's nothing like my Eclipse set up
what's different except the SVN plugin?
Man, you people sure like to keep old info around... I took my time to update the guide to match latest Eclipse and now you say "it's so different!"

The TRAC wiki guide is much less detailed than mine and it completely skips the eclipse and plugin setup steps (just a link to "there's the guide"), as well has has "hardcoded" svn links.
Not to mention the TRAC guides should both be exactly the same apart from the svn link (which means duplicate info).
I never said it was wrong, nor that your wiki work should be removed, you always assume an attack, it's your problem.

Like MELERIX said we could test Subversive, I won't since I rather use my time to check bugs, make the fixes, test them and finally commit them, since fixes can wait month in forum for feedback.