I need assistance, conecting issues.

Post here doubts, ideas, suggestions and support requests about the website and the forums.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
nirgabriel

I need assistance, conecting issues.

Post by nirgabriel »

Heyas, I'm using l2j interlude server (this packs actually)
http://svn.l2jdp.com/branches/L2J_DataPack_IT/
http://svn.l2jserver.com/branches/L2_GameServer_it/

I've done all configurations I check on guides here, and I just can enter in game only with the client's server, I can't enter in a diferent pc on my same LAN, or any friends can't.

I use this configuration in my server.properties

Code: Select all

# ================================================================# General server setting !!! REQUIRED to configure to everyone !!!# ================================================================ # Bind ip of the gameserver, use * to bind on all available IPsGameserverHostname=*GameserverPort=7777 # This is transmitted to the clients connecting from an external network, so it has to be a public IP or resolvable hostname# If this ip is resolvable by Login just leave *ExternalHostname=<--- I already use my "whatsmyip" and i use a "no-ip" one# This is transmitted to the client from the same network, so it has to be a local IP or resolvable hostname# If this ip is resolvable by Login just leave *InternalHostname=1<---- I use my PC IP SERVER (example 192.168.1.2)   # The Loginserver host and portLoginPort=9014LoginHost=192.168.1.103 
This in my loginserver.properties

# ================================================================# General server setting !!! REQUIRED to configure to everyone !!!# ================================================================ # This is transmitted to the clients connecting from an external network, so it has to be a public IP or resolvable hostnameExternalHostname=<--- I already use my "whatsmyip" and i use a "no-ip" one # This is transmitted to the client from the same network, so it has to be a local IP or resolvable hostnameInternalHostname=<---- I use my PC IP SERVER (example 192.168.1.2)   # Bind ip of the LoginServer, use * to bind on all available IPsLoginserverHostname=*LoginserverPort=2106# How many times you can provide an invalid account/pass before the IP gets bannedLoginTryBeforeBan=10# Time you won't be able to login back again after LoginTryBeforeBan tries to login. Provide a value in seconds. Default 10min. (600)LoginBlockAfterBan=600GMMinLevel=100 # The address on which login will listen for GameServers, use * to bind on all available IPsLoginHostname=* 
And i even modify my host (windows/sistem32/etc/host) like this (even my other lan pc's got the same host with "local host on the server's ip)

# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.## This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.## This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one# space.## Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.## For example:##      102.54.94.97     rhino.acme.com          # source server#       38.25.63.10     x.acme.com              # x client host # localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.# PC IP SERVER (example 192.168.1.2)     localhost# 89.149.200.219 l2authd.lineage2.com# 89.149.200.219 l2testauth.lineage2.com# 85.14.219.81 nProtect.lineage2.com 
I've opened this ports on my firewall and router: 7777, 2106, 2009, 80, 53, 9014. (in router i opened as
Port Triggering)

What am I doing wrong? I check all forums, videos and it seems like I'm doing good. but not the way i wanted hehe. Thanks alot ^^
NosBit
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Re: I need assistance, conecting issues.

Post by NosBit »

hosts should be:

<external or 127.0.0.1 if you connect from same pc> l2authd.lineage2.com<external or 127.0.0.1 if you connect from same pc> l2testauth.lineage2.com
'#' means comment and that the line is disabled it shouldnt be there.
nirgabriel

Post by nirgabriel »

Heyas! thanks! thats should help me alot with my LAN, how it should be configurated? my IP PC SERVER localhost in my server and other's Lan Pc's??

And also friends cannot connect in my server I'm using no-ip in my game.server and loging.server
nirgabriel

Post by nirgabriel »

I change my host, so now i can log in in my other's pc lan. But my friends cannot log in. i already put my no-ip in dunno what im doing bad.
Zoey76
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Zoey76 »

You can't put np-ip on HOSTS file.
Powered by Eclipse 4.30 🌌 | Eclipse Temurin 21 ☕ | MariaDB 11.2.2 🗃️ | L2J Server 2.6.3.0 - High Five 🚀

🔗 Join our Discord! 🎮💬
nirgabriel

Post by nirgabriel »

Zoey76 wrote:You can't put np-ip on HOSTS file.
ok, i will erase that. but my friends still cant connect. ill add everything i done before, if u can check it and tell me what im doing bad pls :D
nirgabriel

Post by nirgabriel »

Like I said before, my main problem its making the server to run with my no-ip and lan mode in the same place. I mean I will host that server but I need to enter and admin the user's there.

In my post i writte every i put in my configurations host/server and login.

I really see many guides, and they just teach me how enter into my server in "test mode" (127.0.0.1) but i want to make it official. for my clan's friends. Any1 can help me with that? pls
HorridoJoho
L2j Senior Developer
L2j Senior Developer

Post by HorridoJoho »

You can tell your friends to do the following:
  1. 1. Go to <lineage2folder>/system
    2. Create a shortcut of l2.exe, if you have common extensions hidden in windows explorer, it only shows the file name as "l2" but with the l2 icon.
    2.1 If there is no l2.exe, look for l2.bin. You can create a copy of l2.bin and rename it to l2.exe and create a shortcut from this exe.
    3. Right click the shortcut and click properties.
    5. Select the shortcut section.
    6. Change the target from(make sure you append -ip=<your_host_or_ip> after the quoted l2.exe path!) "<lineage2folder\system\l2.exe" to "<lineage2folder>\system\l2.exe" -ip=<your_host_or_ip>
    7. Apply changes
My windows is in german so the screenshot is in german, but the layout should be the same. I'm not entirely sure if the text field is named target on english os:
shortcut.GIF
NosBit
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by NosBit »

He is using interlude the IP parameter was implemented around H5 (i have checked gracia final client it didnt had it so its somewhere between)
nirgabriel

Post by nirgabriel »

FBIagent wrote:You can tell your friends to do the following:
  1. 1. Go to <lineage2folder>/system
    2. Create a shortcut of l2.exe, if you have common extensions hidden in windows explorer, it only shows the file name as "l2" but with the l2 icon.
    2.1 If there is no l2.exe, look for l2.bin. You can create a copy of l2.bin and rename it to l2.exe and create a shortcut from this exe.
    3. Right click the shortcut and click properties.
    5. Select the shortcut section.
    6. Change the target from(make sure you append -ip=<your_host_or_ip> after the quoted l2.exe path!) "<lineage2folder\system\l2.exe" to "<lineage2folder>\system\l2.exe" -ip=<your_host_or_ip>
    7. Apply changes
My windows is in german so the screenshot is in german, but the layout should be the same. I'm not entirely sure if the text field is named target on english os:
shortcut.GIF
Localhost should be the no-ip? and i have to modify my c:/sistem32/drivers/etc/host?

I'm using on server properties:
# Bind ip of the gameserver, use * to bind on all available IPs
GameserverHostname=*
GameserverPort=7777

# This is transmitted to the clients connecting from an external network, so it has to be a public IP or resolvable hostname
# If this ip is resolvable by Login just leave *
ExternalHostname=MY NO IP
# This is transmitted to the client from the same network, so it has to be a local IP or resolvable hostname
# If this ip is resolvable by Login just leave *
InternalHostname=*
# The Loginserver host and port
LoginPort=9014
LoginHost=MY NO IP

and loginserver.propierties:
# This is transmitted to the clients connecting from an external network, so it has to be a public IP or resolvable hostname
ExternalHostname=MY NO IP

# This is transmitted to the client from the same network, so it has to be a local IP or resolvable hostname
InternalHostname=MY NO IP

# Bind ip of the LoginServer, use * to bind on all available IPs
LoginserverHostname=*
LoginserverPort=2106
# How many times you can provide an invalid account/pass before the IP gets banned
LoginTryBeforeBan=10
# Time you won't be able to login back again after LoginTryBeforeBan tries to login. Provide a value in seconds. Default 10min. (600)
LoginBlockAfterBan=600
GMMinLevel=100

# The address on which login will listen for GameServers, use * to bind on all available IPs
LoginHostname=*

Ive try to use external for only no ip, and internal just for my IP PC server (192.168.1.5), but nothing works so far!
CostyKiller

Post by CostyKiller »

I would do like this and see if it works:

only modify loginserver.properties

# This is transmitted to the clients connecting from an external network, so it has to be a public IP or resolvable hostnameExternalHostname= here you put the no ip adress # This is transmitted to the client from the same network, so it has to be a local IP or resolvable hostnameInternalHostname= here you put the local network ip that your server has # Bind ip of the LoginServer, use * to bind on all available IPsLoginserverHostname=* 
and everything else leave them as they are default.

PS: you must edit this only if you have separate server machines for loginserver and gameserver, otherwise you must let it default (127.0.0.1)

# The Loginserver host and portLoginPort=9014LoginHost=127.0.0.1 
nirgabriel

Post by nirgabriel »

Nothing happends! :( still just alloying ppl from my same lan but nothing for outsite.

I was using this guide for compile my server. Dunno if that guide was correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNjQ9z_IOA0

and this one for get ip up online mode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KvBvgdlFGY

I use this link's to compile my server:
http://svn.l2jdp.com/branches/L2J_DataPack_IT/
http://svn.l2jserver.com/branches/L2_GameServer_it/

I have this ports open TCP/UDP:

2106, 7777, 9014.

What I'm doing wrong? :( this getting frustrating hehe i have like one week with this issue.