Can somebody help me?? i know i am just a noob

If something doesn't fit in any other forum then post it here.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Themarine

Can somebody help me?? i know i am just a noob

Post by Themarine »

Hi i just need help with this L2J stuff, specially this HexID part, i tried everything i can think of. Well i am just noob at this kind of stuff. I just want to run my own server. I use to play retail on erica lv 74 PR name quickly. Well heres my problem, just a simple HexID problem and some other things...please help~

Starting L2J Game Server.

loading gameserver config
Could not load HexID file (./config/hexid.txt). Hopefully login will give us one
MLog clients using java 1.4+ standard logging.
Initializing c3p0-0.9.0 [built 08-Ð
ThePhoenixBird
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by ThePhoenixBird »

Too much crap...

The answer its there in front of your eyes:

Exception in thread "main" java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Check your user password.
Themarine

=D

Post by Themarine »

oh tyvm =D a bit better i think... well this time it dosnt even say server was terminated...so heres another problem...but much better~
i think...Please help me with this one...

Starting L2J Game Server.

loading gameserver config
Could not load HexID file (./config/hexid.txt). Hopefully login will give us one
MLog clients using java 1.4+ standard logging.
Initializing c3p0-0.9.0 [built 08-Ð
nBd
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by nBd »

java.sql.SQLException: Table 'l2jdb.characters' doesn't exist

Seems you didnt installed the database right or you just didnt setuped the db right in your config files...
Themarine

re:=D

Post by Themarine »

so should i put the java.SQl into the config folder??
ThePhoenixBird
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by ThePhoenixBird »

OMG! boy, listen to that he says

You havent installed the tables on the sql:

Table 'l2jdb.characters' doesn't exist

Run all the sql files in the /sql folder from the DP
Themarine

=(

Post by Themarine »

errr sorry for being such a dumbass, whats a DP?? _ _;;
msknight
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by msknight »

Dp is short for the Data Pack.

The DP consists of two main things ... First is a set of files that have to be copied to the right directory ... it sound like you have done this.

Second is the folder SQL. This contains a number of SQL files. These have to be run against your database. These install the tables and core data in to your database so that the game can run.
My friend is a paranoid schizophrenic ... she'll take over the world, as long as nobody minds.
msknight
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by msknight »

I took a look through .... you really have a lot of work to do.

First, set up your database with a user name and password. Install all the SQL files to the database using whatever database tool you use. (SQLyog is a basic one that I find handy, in case you haven't got one yourself - google it - they do a free version)

Then the user name and password that you created in MySQL, needs to be inserted in to two configuration files. One is in the logon/config directory, and the other is in the gameserver/config directory. Look through these files and read them carefully. These contain the information that tell the systems where to find the main files they need, how they are to run and all sorts of stuff like that.

In the logon directory is a file called Register ... or something like that. Run that file and give the number 0. This will then make a file that you have to copy in to your gameserver/config directory ... the registration file will tell you which one it is.

If you haven't done your MySQL right, then the registration program won't run properly (this takes care of the HexID thing you're worried about)

That should at least get you a running logon server and a running gameserver talking to each other.
My friend is a paranoid schizophrenic ... she'll take over the world, as long as nobody minds.
ThePhoenixBird
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by ThePhoenixBird »