Strange client lags - need help

This is not a Support area! Discuss about the Server here. Non-Server related discussion goes in Off-Topic Discussion.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Zoey76
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Re: Strange client lags - need help

Post by Zoey76 »

You call it client lags, I think it's the server lagging the client.
Powered by Eclipse 4.30 ๐ŸŒŒ | Eclipse Temurin 21 โ˜• | MariaDB 11.3.2 ๐Ÿ—ƒ๏ธ | L2J Server 2.6.3.0 - High Five ๐Ÿš€

๐Ÿ”— Join our Discord! ๐ŸŽฎ๐Ÿ’ฌ
sahar

Post by sahar »

Well, the only way I can think server is lagging the client is if too many packets are being sent, am I right?
Aikimaniac
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Aikimaniac »

sahar wrote:Well, the only way I can think server is lagging the client is if too many packets are being sent, am I right?
technicaly can be the cause of your client lags L2J server or your box or router, firewall..
JMD
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by JMD »

Serra wrote:Sahar, I think you should give specification of your server such as :

PROCESSSOR:
RAM:
INTERNET SPEED:

and so on, since server can become very lag if your server spec are not enough. Even considering the speed factor of internet line.

Make sure you really have really high RAM to compensate the people the number playing on your server.

50 player maybe ok with 4gb ram allocated, but if you run with hundreds of player, u need more than that. Maybe 16 GB ram or 32 GB ram..

Sometimes, the factor of processor is also affected the lagging.
So how come i was ok with 500+ players on 2gb ram?
Server lag is mostly caused by cpu, hdd and internet line issues. With ram problems the server would give out "out of memory" errors or crash.

Anything with 4gb ram will run a h5 server with full geodata just fine, dont waste money on useless resources.
LasTravel

Post by LasTravel »

My vote goes directly for the cpu/hdd, take a look on the cpu/hdd usage when you feel that lags.
sahar

Post by sahar »

Well I decided to remove LG evantually and these client lags are gone, so that was the issue (I still use the same Xeon E5 CPU...)
Zoey76
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Zoey76 »

sahar wrote:Well I decided to remove LG evantually and these client lags are gone, so that was the issue (I still use the same Xeon E5 CPU...)
LG?