Seven Signs understanding

If something doesn't fit in any other forum then post it here.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
msknight
Advanced User
Advanced User

Seven Signs understanding

Post by msknight »

Hi Folks,

I'm having problems understanding the seven signs, and how to translate the figures in to the calculations.

Can anyone explain how the festivals work please ... how they are rewarded, and why the limit of 7 cycles within 5 festivals works?

I've read some on-line literature, but it still isn't getting through my thick skull.
My friend is a paranoid schizophrenic ... she'll take over the world, as long as nobody minds.
msknight
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by msknight »

Slowly coming to the conclusion that the seals and the festival are actually separate.

There are various variables in the seven signs status, but I'm not sure how they are feeding the timings as the two events seemt o be on different cycles ...
current_cycle
festival_cycle
active_period
date (this seems to be the day of the week - 1 Monday, etc.)

If I'm right, then active_period is either 1 (competition) or 3 (seal effect) ... or have I got that wrong?

I'm also starting to believe that although the stones are a two week deal, that they also cumulate towards the final score in the festival, overall ?
My friend is a paranoid schizophrenic ... she'll take over the world, as long as nobody minds.
Fulminus
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Fulminus »

Seven Signs score is an aggregate between stones and points from festivals. Festival and seal stones are totally independent in their score calculations and each give a score based on the percentage of points that each side recieved. So, while festivals are mini-contests that start and end many times within each 7s cycle, their scores are summed up and added to the overall contributions for the cycle as if they were a single unit. Similarly, although each person contributes stones and does so continuously, the overall stones score is summed and added to the cabal's score for the cycle.
Then the two scores are combined towards the seven signs score of each side.
I'm a joyful, merriful, playful, curious, young, little elf!!! :-)
I'm also a High(tech) Elf, (computer) wiz!
msknight
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by msknight »

Thanks Fulminus,

That's straightened things out for me a treat. I was starting to get really lost, especially with the festival.

Michelle.