Multiple Drop question.

If something doesn't fit in any other forum then post it here.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
jcbrello

Multiple Drop question.

Post by jcbrello »

When you create a custom spawn MOB, and add loot to its Droplist table, How do you get that Mob to drop Multiple items each Kill?

example:

I have a custom Antharas,

His loot table is just Potions for the testing.

Health min=20 max =30
Mana min=20 max = 30
Haste min =20 max= 30
ect.

The Chance is set to 250000 on all of them

but when you kill him, he only drops 1 stack of 20-30 of one kind of potion.

I would like to see him drop 2 or 3 different potions at once (or loot) like the real Antharas does.

I would Like to reward the Group of Say 6 people who are able to take him out with 6 items or whatnot.

Thanks guys :)
trexx

Post by trexx »

just add the Health potions or whatever more then once.

Add 10-20 Healing potions
Add 10-20 Healing Potions again.

Im not sure about it. but i think it should work like that
eyerobot

Post by eyerobot »

Well if you want to guarantee the each item will drop, just look at adena drops on most mobs they are set to 700000. So if you increase the rate you increase the guarantee that it will drop. If you plan on having a lot of drops on antharas this will still work if you increase the droprate until it drops every time.
trexx

Post by trexx »

i think his problem is not that the item is NOT dropped.
the problem he got is that he wants to have multiple item drops which means:
Inseatd of one bundle of 120 Potions there shall be a 3 x 40Potion drops.

so instead of [Healing Potion(120)] there shall be a drop of:
[Healing Potion(40)] [Healing Potion(40)] [Healing Potion(40)]

<--- 3 ppl can pick and the 3 packages will use the loot-property to get splitting upon the players. so not only 1 player is getting ALL potions.
Fulminus
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Fulminus »

Drops are automatically categorized for mobs that are not RB or GrandBosses. Only one item per category can be dropped. Categories currently supported are:
1) full drops and parts
2) miscellaneous items (potions, scrolls, general mats, etc)

Also, there is a category flag that allows dropping more than 1 item of that kind (for example, more than 1 kind of seal stones can be dropped at once). If you want to drop more than 1 item of the same kind (in this case, potions = miscellaneous), what you must do is the following:
Go to your etcitem table
find the items healing potion, mana potion, and haste potion. Find the column "drop_category" and change their value from 2 to 0. This will allow dropping more than just 1 of these. So both healing AND mana potions may be dropped at the same time...
CAUTION: This change will affect these drops globally. That is, it will break their "miscellaneous item" category from ALL mobs.

However, adding the same item in the droplist more than once is NOT supported. What trexx suggested will NOT work.

The limitation of only adding 1 item in 1 mob once was there since a long time ago. I had added the categorization code based on old info that stated that ALL mobs (except RBs) have these categories. Since then, additional info has come. I've been meaning to create a patch to fix this issue, but I have been extremely busy with projects outside L2J, so I haven't had a chance to make these changes. I hope to change the category code (and at the same time lift the constraints of 1 item appearning max 1 time in each mob) some time next month.
I'm a joyful, merriful, playful, curious, young, little elf!!! :-)
I'm also a High(tech) Elf, (computer) wiz!
jcbrello

Post by jcbrello »

Thanks for the Info guys.