guards at siege

If something doesn't fit in any other forum then post it here.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
dasoldier

guards at siege

Post by dasoldier »

i setted up an server houw to set the guards off on the siege
becouse there are to many guards and mine server is not that fast
and there are not so many people on the server to take so many guards down
so houw to set the castel guards off when siege time

sory for the bad english

i hope someone can help me with this problem
Fulminus
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Fulminus »

Are you trying to decrease the number of the default NPC guards of a castle that is not yet owned, or are you trying to decrease the number of mercenaries that can be purchased by a clan that already owns a castle?

Decreasing the number of NPC-owned castles' guards is easy. Just check the castle_siege_guards table, look for rows with hired=0, and delete some rows (you'll need to check the xyz of each so that you do not end up deleting all guards from 1 castle and no guards from another).

Decreasing the number of mercenaries that can be purchased by clans is harder. If I remember correctly, these numbers are hardcoded in the core side. Perhaps I am wrong...perhaps they are configurable from a .properties file...I do not remember.

In any case, you should change both if you want your server to be balanced! Otherwise, the first clan to siege a castle will have a MUCH easier job to do than clans trying to take a castle from another clan. I mean, suppose that you reduce the NPC guards to 1/4 the normal count...so it's easy to take the castle. Then, if the clan that owns the castle can hire the full amount of mercenaries it will be too many NPCs protecting the castle! Ideally, you should limit the clan to also purchase at most 1/4 of the normal amount of mercenaries.
I'm a joyful, merriful, playful, curious, young, little elf!!! :-)
I'm also a High(tech) Elf, (computer) wiz!