All in one Shop/GK/Buffer/Etc.

This is not a Support area! Discuss about the Server here. Non-Server related discussion goes in Off-Topic Discussion.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
DeathDream

All in one Shop/GK/Buffer/Etc.

Post by DeathDream »

There was a previous post in the old forums about someone asking about if it was possible to have an all-in-one npc that could be a shop and other things.

I have the idea that this can be achieved via having a link that doesnt go to the next html code of the npc, but links to an external npcs chat, so that the current chat window opens up a different npc's chat window allowing you to access everything in one NPC.

I do not have the time right now to test this out, but all i think that is the hard part is getting the chat to open an external chat.

Hope this Helped!
DeathDream

Re: All in one Shop/GK/Buffer/Etc.

Post by DeathDream »

Any News on this?
alextaicho

Post by alextaicho »

I am working in an All in One Npc, it's not completed yet but if there is someone interested i can share it. You don't need to link to external npcs html, you only need a npc type merchant and make the buffer and the gatekeeper in jython.

P.D. Sorry for my bad english :P
toastgodsupreme

Post by toastgodsupreme »

It's definitely possible.

I did it for my server back around the end of November.

Made a custom class for mine. And yes, extending merchant is the best way so you don't have to modify any of the store security in place for packets/handlers.

But mine has:
Teleport
Buffs
Augment
Warhouse (all WH functions)
Symbols
Subclass
VIP area
Rules
Server Info

It's actually pretty slick and I've not seen any other server with an AIO npc OR with an NPC as cleanly done. :) I'm anal retentive about my NPC and spent a lot of time getting it just right.

Btw, no jython, all the bypass stuff is handled within the custom class. :) It was my first real project on L2J and helped me learn a lot. Really if you want it, I suggest starting with the L2MerchantInstance file, copy it into a new instance, and just start playing with it. Reverse engineer, see how the other instances handle their bypass functions and just add them one at a time, making modifications where needed.
_DS_
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by _DS_ »

I remember 5 or 10 contribs "all in one" :D
Search old forum.
Commiter of the shit
public static final int PI = 3.1415926535897932384626433832795;
DeathDream

Post by DeathDream »

I wanted to extend it to anotehr npc chat, because, lets say for example, im using House's buffer (best buffer ever, but needs some formatting, maybe use icons instead. too bad he stopped developing it.) Thing is, if i added the shop to the buffer, i would need to add a new html page (no problem, but im a lil lazy :P) so i can have the home page. But this wouldnt work also, because House's buffer isnt set as an L2Merchant, its class is L2Buffer. And thats why i was wondering if the external link is possible.
Andrewzz

Post by Andrewzz »

It would be awsome if someone post here a good All-in-One NPC for Gracia Final.