Sieges....Castle and Fortress..

This is not a Support area! Discuss about the Server here. Non-Server related discussion goes in Off-Topic Discussion.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
rpgsearcherz

Sieges....Castle and Fortress..

Post by rpgsearcherz »

I am wondering if sieges are working as intended. I have never done a siege against NPC's only on retail, so I'm not sure...But it seems as if L2J is loading way too many guards.

And they are also bugged into the walls, they run up on walls, etc...

I'm asking because I remember hearing about a 8 person clan on retail in c4 doing Dion castle and winning due to everyone being at another siege... I tried a test run at level 70 with A grade, two of us, and we got raped by npc's before we even got near the door.

About Fortresses, those also seem bugged. The npc's keep hitting w/ fists, and npc's attack even though they aren't moving and aren't visible.

I'm almost positive the Fortress one is a bug because our clan took a Fort last week with less than 15 players. But about the Castles I'm unsure.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
chuckrobbie

Re: Sieges....Castle and Fortress..

Post by chuckrobbie »

Same problem on my new server!

A siege against NPC Castle is a joke!
4 players took Goddard on their own in 20 minutes!!
6 players took Dion in just under 10 minutes!! (And they were VERY disorganised)

Something REALLY wrong here!
No more need for siege golems, planting a flag etc.? OMG!! There is just no more fun anymore!
In the "old" days, it was sooo exciting to see the Dwarfs getting into action, and 18+ players on a siege, and working out your strategies, but now? Just bang bang and castle is ours :(

Also when a clan owns a castle, they should be allowed to spawn at least 2x or even 4x the current number of mercenaries! OR the stats for the mercenaries should be increased so that you DO have to FIGHT your way through! With the 1 hit AOE wonder skills in game now, 100 NPC drop like flies!! My God, a castle siege time is 2 hours...NO ONE should be able to get a castle in less than 1 hour...Whats the point?? Where is the fun??

Core rev: 2939
Datapack: 5988
gigiikun
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by gigiikun »

On retail with 4-5 lvl83 pp you can took Dion and you do not need siege golems but yes npcs are stronger with Magnus Unicorn I need to nuke 2 times to kill those flies. The fun is not in Clan vs. NPCs, the fun is in Clans vs. Clans siege :P.

About Fortress sieges:
NPCs also cheating on retail. A lot of times happens that NPCs can attack you while you cant attack them but again with 2-3 lvl83 chars you can easily get every fort.
rpgsearcherz

Post by rpgsearcherz »

chuckrobbie wrote:Same problem on my new server!

A siege against NPC Castle is a joke!
4 players took Goddard on their own in 20 minutes!!
6 players took Dion in just under 10 minutes!! (And they were VERY disorganised)

Something REALLY wrong here!
No more need for siege golems, planting a flag etc.? OMG!! There is just no more fun anymore!
In the "old" days, it was sooo exciting to see the Dwarfs getting into action, and 18+ players on a siege, and working out your strategies, but now? Just bang bang and castle is ours :(

Also when a clan owns a castle, they should be allowed to spawn at least 2x or even 4x the current number of mercenaries! OR the stats for the mercenaries should be increased so that you DO have to FIGHT your way through! With the 1 hit AOE wonder skills in game now, 100 NPC drop like flies!! My God, a castle siege time is 2 hours...NO ONE should be able to get a castle in less than 1 hour...Whats the point?? Where is the fun??

Core rev: 2939
Datapack: 5988
My issue isn't with them being too "easy," it's with them being too hard. I tried a siege with 2 of us level 85 with full S80 (Destro and Kamael) and neither of us could even hit a guard before being killed by them. There were hundreds of arrows flying from every direction, plus nukes. Did you decrease the # of guards on your server? It just doesn't seem right to not even be able to get near the gate w/out being killed.