Killing CPU

This is not a Support area! Discuss about the Server here. Non-Server related discussion goes in Off-Topic Discussion.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
janiii
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Re: Killing CPU

Post by janiii »

_DS_ wrote:Yes, this is tradelist save. Just wait until it finished.
how long should i wait each time? 10 minutes? somehow too long to shutdown server, or?
DO NOT EVEN TRY TO MESS WITH ME!
forum flOOder dancing dEVILoper
I don't give private support - PM will be ignored!
_DS_
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by _DS_ »

Wait once, and later should be ok :) Today my test server restarted ~50 times during debugging.
Commiter of the shit
public static final int PI = 3.1415926535897932384626433832795;
janiii
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by janiii »

i have it every time i test and shutdown my test server. what does it mean once - once a day, once an update, once a real shutdown, once a week?
i am shutting down the server in console through ctrl+c.
_DS_
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by _DS_ »

Then add debug output to the tradelist save and look on it.
Commiter of the shit
public static final int PI = 3.1415926535897932384626433832795;
Pere

Post by Pere »

_DS_ wrote:Yes, this is tradelist save. Just wait until it finished.
But this shouldn't be like this... or at least before it wasnt :P
Bones tardes amics meus tots!
nBd
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by nBd »

_DS_ wrote:As i already said - this is more religious question :) For me default values works good.
Big number of threads can help when some threads stopped or wait (due to poor programming, for example).
More active Threads, higher CPU usage. Less Thread's make shutdown slower, thats true, still fine if it takes 10 secs more but server doesnt lagg as much as it would do with higher Thread count.
<ZaKaX> Ohh nBd, you're so professianal with your analconda.
janiii
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by janiii »

janiii wrote:i have it every time i test and shutdown my test server. what does it mean once - once a day, once an update, once a real shutdown, once a week?
i am shutting down the server in console through ctrl+c.
from telnet performance:
performance
STP:
+ Effects:
|- ActiveThreads: 0
|- getCorePoolSize: 10
|- PoolSize: 10
|- MaximumPoolSize: 2147483647
|- CompletedTasks: 343
|- ScheduledTasks: 1
| -------
+ General:
|- getCorePoolSize: 13
|- PoolSize: 13
|- CompletedTasks: 18765
|- ScheduledTasks: 15
| -------
+ AI:
|- getCorePoolSize: 6
|- PoolSize: 6
|- CompletedTasks: 62732
|- ScheduledTasks: 549
TP:
+ Packets:
|- getCorePoolSize: 4
|- MaximumPoolSize: 6
|- LargestPoolSize: 0
|- PoolSize: 0
|- CompletedTasks: 0
|- QueuedTasks: 0
| -------
+ I/O Packets:
|- getCorePoolSize: 2
|- LargestPoolSize: 0
|- CompletedTasks: 0
| -------
+ General Tasks:
|- getCorePoolSize: 4
|- MaximumPoolSize: 6
|- LargestPoolSize: 4
|- CompletedTasks: 1752
| -------
+ AI:
|- Not Done
server run already more times (some of the shutdowns already took many minutes!). no update, no change of any server files. then server was running for 30 minutes without anybody in game (0 players in game). then shutting down (through ctrl+c) for over 6 minutes.
JMD
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by JMD »

I also noticed on server restart that when you w8 those minutes for the server to come back, its like loading when you are waiting to see if it will restart and then instantly its on again.

( i hope you understand, its hard for me too :P )
badboy29

Post by badboy29 »

Nbd, you could tell me how you set your mysql server? I use on my server Debian Lenny x64. I use the entire database in InnoDB, if you want I can post here the settings for my.cnf
Aka UnHoly
toastgodsupreme

Post by toastgodsupreme »

badboy29 wrote:Nbd, you could tell me how you set your mysql server? I use on my server Debian Lenny x64. I use the entire database in InnoDB, if you want I can post here the settings for my.cnf
lol, silly person. nBd doesn't share. :mrgreen:

Besides, his server is so far detached from the core project that his settings won't necessarily work for you. Or at least that's the claim he uses whenever anyone asks him for anything.

Regardless of all that your best bet is not to copy his settings but rather go through the config file and google each setting and learn. Takes hours, I know, I did it myself when I first installed mysql. But it's worth it because you learn an assload more and can optimize it for YOUR system.
badboy29

Post by badboy29 »

toastgodsupreme wrote:
badboy29 wrote:Nbd, you could tell me how you set your mysql server? I use on my server Debian Lenny x64. I use the entire database in InnoDB, if you want I can post here the settings for my.cnf

Besides, his server is so far detached from the core project that his settings won't necessarily work for you. Or at least that's the claim he uses whenever anyone asks him for anything.

Regardless of all that your best bet is not to copy his settings but rather go through the config file and google each setting and learn. Takes hours, I know, I did it myself when I first installed mysql. But it's worth it because you learn an assload more and can optimize it for YOUR system.
Ok sorry =/
Aka UnHoly
JMD
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by JMD »

Dont you think that nbd must share his improvements of the core? I mean its the best for the project.
nBd
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by nBd »

toastgodsupreme wrote:

Seems i share more as you do or as you think, but still trying to be an smartass with trashtalking. Nice Try =)

MySQL Settings arenot generall and my settings wont fit to your Servers needs. I run a dedicated MySQL Server with Dual Quad Xeon CPU and 16GB's of Ram. 12GB of Ram dedicated to the MySQL Server.

@JMD: My Improvements will be and are "shared" into the Core. But tgs just wanted to look smart with his comment.
toastgodsupreme

Post by toastgodsupreme »

nbd wrote:Seems i share more as you do or as you think, but still trying to be an smartass with trashtalking. Nice Try =)

MySQL Settings arenot generall and my settings wont fit to your Servers needs. I run a dedicated MySQL Server with Dual Quad Xeon CPU and 16GB's of Ram. 12GB of Ram dedicated to the MySQL Server.

@JMD: My Improvements will be and are "shared" into the Core. But tgs just wanted to look smart with his comment.
Lol Brian. I know more than you think I do.

You are defined by what you do in the eyes of the community, and for a long time, you've been absent from the L2J scene. As far as the community at large knows, you were having too much fun with your own server and making buttloads off donations to be bothered with anything in regards to the L2J project aside from popping in once every three or four months with something and then disappearing again.

Sure, you MIGHT be active within the dev community, but that does nothing in the eyes of the community members who aren't devs. Yet one more reason that a greater transparency is needed between the inner circle and community at large.

As for your sharing things, it's also widely known that you are VERY reluctant to share any of your stuff. Of course it's quite convenient that you can use the "oh but my server is highly modified, code won't work" excuse. As if it couldn't be adapted for the core project. :P

Edit: I'm not being a smartass either. I'm pointing out the obvious. Basically saying what everyone is thinking.
nBd
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by nBd »

toastgodsupreme wrote:
nbd wrote:Seems i share more as you do or as you think, but still trying to be an smartass with trashtalking. Nice Try =)

Lol Brian. I know more than you think I do.

You are defined by what you do in the eyes of the community, and for a long time, you've been absent from the L2J scene. As far as the community at large knows, you were having too much fun with your own server and making buttloads off donations to be bothered with anything in regards to the L2J project aside from popping in once every three or four months with something and then disappearing again.

Sure, you MIGHT be active within the dev community, but that does nothing in the eyes of the community members who aren't devs. Yet one more reason that a greater transparency is needed between the inner circle and community at large.

As for your sharing things, it's also widely known that you are VERY reluctant to share any of your stuff. Of course it's quite convenient that you can use the "oh but my server is highly modified, code won't work" excuse. As if it couldn't be adapted for the core project. :P

Edit: I'm not being a smartass either. I'm pointing out the obvious. Basically saying what everyone is thinking.
And where's the problem with that? As you still didnt understood, beeing active doesnt mean to commit shitloads. But, you as MrProper understood this, at least i hope it for you. About Code's done from my side and not giving them to the public, sure i dont commit everything after i added it to my Server. Thats the benefit of knowing Java. Still after time, i commit stuff to the Project. But those points arent seen by your highly loved community. Still, i dont care. I do my work, yah not enough in your Eye's to be Dev .., and keep on the way i always did.
Why should i commit my Customs if they are only made for my Server? Improvements are commited from time to time. Not always from my Side, but the Dev's working on "my" Server are widely spread over the L2J Dev Team.

If you dont like my way of working, you are free to start your own Project to try to show us how it HAVE to work in your eye's. Even we dont care it. "My" Project isnt highly customized, its complete rewritten, thats why it wont fit to L2J, still we are porting most stuff. Point is, in old time's my design conceivabilities weren't fully accepted by all Devs, so i kept them private. Now you can keep on saying what you think, if you like it or not. Your words wont change anything on my way to work. I dont care what community thinks about me. There are always ppl that wont like me.