Next Tool

Have you created a useful tool? or Do you want to get help building one? This is the right place!
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
RipperX

Next Tool

Post by RipperX »

I'll do some L2J stuff, many ppl here have more time than me working with L2J, so I would ask, which tool do you think would be more useful ?
In base of that answer I'll do some research to make the tool real!

Cheers,
Z
janiii
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Re: Next Tool

Post by janiii »

tool for what?
DO NOT EVEN TRY TO MESS WITH ME!
forum flOOder dancing dEVILoper
I don't give private support - PM will be ignored!
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

I think that WAS his question :D
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
RipperX

Post by RipperX »

I'm sorry because I didn't answer before, I need enable email notification. Indeed that is what I asked, which tool is necessary ?

Cheers
dinor

Post by dinor »

If you mean in community board, then you need to run the CommunityServer (search forum) which enables that faction
RipperX

Post by RipperX »

dinor wrote:If you mean in community board, then you need to run the CommunityServer (search forum) which enables that faction
No my dear, I was refering to this forum and I already enable it. What I've asked is, which tool is needed for the L2J administrator, what is needed to do something "tedius" become "quick" and "easy". Maybe I'm not very clear.. do I?
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

Lemme "translate" that...
He's offering to make a program to automate or make easier some part of l2j server administration.
I'm not sure if many people would appreciate it, but imo skill editor would be good (mostly bcuz of enums - it's easier to make it when you have a list of available functions and a description for each one (mandatory), also some basic template of absolutely required tags for a certain skill type (like buffs/debuffs need the "isMagic = true" etc.))
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
RipperX

Post by RipperX »

jurchiks wrote:Lemme "translate" that...
He's offering to make a program to automate or make easier some part of l2j server administration.
I'm not sure if many people would appreciate it, but imo skill editor would be good (mostly bcuz of enums - it's easier to make it when you have a list of available functions and a description for each one (mandatory), also some basic template of absolutely required tags for a certain skill type (like buffs/debuffs need the "isMagic = true" etc.))
Yeah, that is what I tought.. Skill Editor would be good, i'll check datapack to make it, anyway, would be good if someone could bring his knowledge which is not on datapack documentation :)

Thank you
dinor

Post by dinor »

oh, now i understand.
Yes a skill editor would be very nice.
here is a link to help you out http://www.l2jserver.com/wiki/Skills
RipperX

Post by RipperX »

dinor wrote:oh, now i understand.
Yes a skill editor would be very nice.
here is a link to help you out http://www.l2jserver.com/wiki/Skills
Great wiki, I didn't found it before! would be nice for syntax check :)
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

FYI some parts of it may be outdated like the "enchantLevels1=30" part, because most of the info was taken from l2jdp wiki, which is kinda OLD. But the general description should be fine, though there definately are some changed/added skill effects.
http://www.l2jdp.com/trac/wiki/XML
This, however, is updated frequently. I suggest using both AND the core code if you're going to do this.
RipperX

Post by RipperX »

jurchiks wrote:FYI some parts of it may be outdated like the "enchantLevels1=30" part, because most of the info was taken from l2jdp wiki, which is kinda OLD. But the general description should be fine, though there definately are some changed/added skill effects.
http://www.l2jdp.com/trac/wiki/XML
This, however, is updated frequently. I suggest using both AND the core code if you're going to do this.

Indeed I'm using the l2j source to help me with the skill parser :) thanks!
Szponiasty
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Szponiasty »

Humm, I'm already on skill editor as an integrated part of l2j dialog maker. But since you're doing it, then I'm going back to be lazy some more :)
And in the next chronicle they went into space, fighting the evil empire... In a galaxy far, far away xD
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

Why don't you work together to make something better?
Szponiasty
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Szponiasty »

I dunno If I'd be any help right now. Have 3 apps + core + closing up quickly first run of my event, slowly have been doing for like a year :D
And in the next chronicle they went into space, fighting the evil empire... In a galaxy far, far away xD