L2j: Do you need help?

This is not a Support area! Discuss about the Server here. Non-Server related discussion goes in Off-Topic Discussion.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
principedetinieblas

L2j: Do you need help?

Post by principedetinieblas »

Hello,

I've seen some confused players about the delay on l2jproject next release. I'm thinking that maybe this could be the time to leave my leecher face and so i would like to ask l2j itself it they need any help in the following ways:

* Extra hands
* Java development (on my modest way,as my java coding is far away from a canonical approach)
* Testing help...maybe i can provide some more testers

I also think that there are a lot of people leaching this days that can also think the same. Perhaps it would be a nice idea to improve the community concept with their help.

Lestat
Last edited by principedetinieblas on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Airin

Re: L2j: Do you need help?

Post by Airin »

I think we just need to wait; devs know what they do. Patience bring it fruits.
But, generally, i agree to help testing or developing :P
a.k.a TrueDecko
CUSTOM ITEMS WITHOUT ANY COPYRIGHT VIOLATION - APPROVED BY NCZ0ft - PRESS ON IMAGE TO REACH TUTORIAL!
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

I think devs DON'T know what to do. Patience has it's limit, just as everything else.
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
Airin

Post by Airin »

jurchiks wrote:I think devs DON'T know what to do. Patience has it's limit, just as everything else.
Then pay cash and took current version of release :)
Devs are working for free you know. This is freetime activity.
You will have time to leech when it will be released :)
a.k.a TrueDecko
CUSTOM ITEMS WITHOUT ANY COPYRIGHT VIOLATION - APPROVED BY NCZ0ft - PRESS ON IMAGE TO REACH TUTORIAL!
Tan
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Tan »

jurchiks wrote:I think devs DON'T know what to do. Patience has it's limit, just as everything else.
:lol:
Some people believe in God... i believe in Music... some people pray..... I turn on Winamp
http://www.last.fm/user/L2jTan
ThePhoenixBird
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by ThePhoenixBird »

Help is always welcome, if you really want to help find a bug, something incomplete or missing, try to fix it and then post on the Contributions forum.

If more users Contributed with code and fixes, then the development would go a way more fast, instead a lot of people just sit back and wait... to leech.

Only a small % of people really contribute to the development of L2j and that is the result of the slow down on releases since the Developers need to work more on new features and research, but if people where to contribute and research more then the Developers job would be reduced to a "check, test and commit" process.

On the last year the amount of user contributions has been reduced drastically, this at the same time reduces the speed of development of the project, its open source in order to let other people help on its development, not only the official L2j Developers have to add new content, you also can do it and post it on this forums.

Sadly, there are so many selfish people that only leech the L2j and do not provide feedback or contribute to it, they keep their fixes and addons for their servers, there is nothing wrong with that... but if you are getting A LOT MORE that you can provide, for free, then why do not contribute a bit?

We do not ask for money, we ask for Developers and Contributions :lol:
JMD
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by JMD »

Have you ever though that contributors have stopped contributing because l2j has become so damn better than it used to be? I mean the only huge issue for l2j atm is implementing the new features/keeping up with retail. Other than that, the bugs are minimum.
ThePhoenixBird
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by ThePhoenixBird »

There is always room for improvement
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

I'm sorry, but have you missed the fact that almost ALL the contributions that have been made in the last 6 or so months have NOT been committed or even replied to by devs? If people commit they expect at least SOME answer! NOT complete silence. That's what kills the contributions the most, ignorance!

P.S. Tan, STFU && GTFO.
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Tan
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Tan »

jurchiks wrote:I'm sorry, but have you missed the fact that almost ALL the contributions that have been made in the last 6 or so months have NOT been committed or even replied to by devs? If people commit they expect at least SOME answer! NOT complete silence. That's what kills the contributions the most, ignorance!

P.S. Tan, STFU && GTFO.
Tan wrote:
:lol:
nonknowlage hurts :) doesnt it? u would know what devs working on if you wouldnt act like a child and yes devs knows what to do :)
Some people believe in God... i believe in Music... some people pray..... I turn on Winamp
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

Community project means everyone is involved. This is not like it at all.
Tan
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Tan »

jurchiks wrote:Community project means everyone is involved. This is not like it at all.
Community? 80% leechers 10% Forums Trolls 10% Normal People
what would heppen if devs let know people what they work on? 90% would ask When its will be done? 10% would try to help...
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

Mods can easily ban ppl who annoy them...
denser

Post by denser »

jurchiks wrote:Community project means everyone is involved. This is not like it at all.
i think l2j on a first place by number of forks...so where is community? every fork kinda glorum with ring: "my precious!!!" :P

so don't bitching or blame devs if they wont satisfies you :roll:
some ppl know whats going on some don't, somebody guess about it and wait still. other shout about end of l2j world... now i feel more nicy ppl in team and it make me happy, what about you - you give us your reputation by yourself and it very unstable(imho), so let be friends :)

when you love l2j as we are - l2j loves you as us (epic phrase? :shock: )
Tiger, once tasted human flesh, will want to taste it again
L2J - the place where glad to see you any time!
dleogr

Post by dleogr »

Just a suggestion guys. Many people (my self including) they want to offer what they have each for project but sometimes is not usefull when we dont know so good the structure.
So we need always to wait until something is out to check it. I want to offer my time on team but i need also to do something useful for l2j so if you want us to do something exept chat here tell us what you want us to do.