How to Update your server?

This is not a Support area! Discuss about the Server here. Non-Server related discussion goes in Off-Topic Discussion.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
dezel78000

How to Update your server?

Post by dezel78000 »

Ok i'm new to this forum (don't use it that much) and I can't seem to grab how to find something that maybe be old, I have looked and I came up with nothing. but still I tend to look for something when it uder my nose.

can someone give me, or tell me how to update my server with out lossing all my database info?

or maybe give me a link to a guide that tells me how...pleeeaaassseeee I bag of you :(
momo61

Re: How to Update your server?

Post by momo61 »

dezel78000 wrote:Ok i'm new to this forum (don't use it that much) and I can't seem to grab how to find something that maybe be old, I have looked and I came up with nothing. but still I tend to look for something when it uder my nose.

can someone give me, or tell me how to update my server with out lossing all my database info?

or maybe give me a link to a guide that tells me how...pleeeaaassseeee I bag of you :(
there is a tool in the tools folder that allows you to update your database and maintain your data. Always backup your data first though. And then change your .jar files in your gameserver file as well as any datapack files that have changed.
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
dezel78000

Post by dezel78000 »

momo61 wrote:
dezel78000 wrote:Ok i'm new to this forum (don't use it that much) and I can't seem to grab how to find something that maybe be old, I have looked and I came up with nothing. but still I tend to look for something when it uder my nose.

there is a tool in the tools folder that allows you to update your database and maintain your data. Always backup your data first though. And then change your .jar files in your gameserver file as well as any datapack files that have changed.
thx for the info, but by chance do you know what the tool is called, i'm still looking. thx :)
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

it's database_installer.bat/.sh...
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
Sybarious

Post by Sybarious »

Unfortunately the Wiki is down.

If any of the advanced users have some time, could you please explain how to update servers through Eclipse?

Thanks a lot