Eclipse error 64bit?

Have you created a useful tool? or Do you want to get help building one? This is the right place!
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Darule

Eclipse error 64bit?

Post by Darule »

If you want to receive support we need this info to help you properly.
» Find Revision
L2J Revision 5226:
L2JDP Revision 8743:

Hi there im countering again some problems with my eclipse. Let me tell you about my configuration.

Windows 7 64bit
Eclipse Classic 3.7.2 64bit
*Subclipse Update url - http://subclipse.tigris.org/update_1.8.x
Slik Svn 1.7.4 64bit
Java SE Development Kit 7u3 64bit

I've also setted my JAVA_HOME = C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_03 at enviroment variables.
I've checkout l2j with tortoise svn , i dont think that it matters but i mention it just in case.
I've configure Eclipse at Installed JRE's to use jdk1.7.0_03 (C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_03) thats the 64bit jdk.

After all this im importing the l2jserver svn folder by Right Clicking on the Project Folder -> New -> Project... -> General -> Project -> Next -> I choose the Location put a Project Name (L2J Server Core) and after it im getting a lot of errors
in almost all java files.

Like this Error:
Syntax error, parameterized types are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater

So im guessing something is wrong with my java configuration or something in my setup steps, btw at the wiki its not 64bit stuff so is this my problem? it doesnt work if it is 64bit?

Thanks in advance any help will be appreciated.
MELERIX
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Re: Eclipse error 64bit?

Post by MELERIX »

no idea how have you failed, your software installed is ok, except that I don't understand why you are using tortoise svn, if you already have subclipse installed in eclipse.

anyway I hope you don't have some old installations of java ?

coz may be you have mixed some old java versions with new versions...

try check that.
Darule

Post by Darule »

Indeed thats a wonder how and why did i failed :D maybe its one of my master talents.
Btw my system is clean, formatted a few days ago so thats the only java available.

Also i want to mention that some days ago i was able to compile without errors but i had to do some changes on the Installed JRE's because i was countering a similar error.
I thought that i @#$%ed up my eclipse so i tried to install* it again into a new clean folder but it seems that eclipse keeped some settings from the previous one how can i reset its settings is there any option inside cause i tried "Reset to default" but no luck, anyway ill try to search the application data folder to check if it keeps any settings there..

Thanks for responding and sorry for putting you in trouble moving my topic.
Last edited by Darule on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darule

Post by Darule »

Well i finally found a solution although i dont really know what could cause this but here it is.

I deleted eclipse settings which are located C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Eclipse this folder is hidden you have to enable "Show hidden files" at Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View (tab) -> Check the "Show hidden files, ..." ->Ok then go delete this folder. This will reset your eclipse settings, i also removed the workspace folder just in case because it had a .metadata folder.

I wrote the solution just in case cya lets do some crappy codes now ;) .