Splitting login and game server poll.

This is not a Support area! Discuss about the Server here. Non-Server related discussion goes in Off-Topic Discussion.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct

What do you think about having login and game server in two different projects?

Awesome
60%
Great
12%
Good
3%
Okay
9%
Awful
16%

Total votes: 75

powerful0guardian

Re: Splitting login and game server poll.

Post by powerful0guardian »

Zoey76 wrote:There isn't duplicated files, the L2DatabaseFactory for example is different for LS and GS.

You are kind of off-topic here anyway :D
the keyword is ATM. But if you split LS and GS, there will be duplicated classes exists in LS and in GS project... But in that case MMOCore and Commons project could be merged (cause same category)

PS: its related to it, so not off topic :P :D
Villy90

Post by Villy90 »

I dont know what to say about this, because at the moment login and game are in the same place they both work as they should without problems, so i don't see any special benefit except for the fact that you will be able to connect more than one server to the login if they split. If there is a lot of work and this will amke many custom content/mos from working than i vote no :p
But if it will not change anything like custom mods will still work then i see this as a really good thing :mrgreen:
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

able to connect more than one server to the login if they split
you can do that, just specify same loginserver id to multiple gameservers...
and no, this would not affect most custom mods in any way, because most mods are in gameserver, not loginserver.
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
powerful0guardian

Post by powerful0guardian »

Villy90 wrote:I dont know what to say about this, because at the moment login and game are in the same place they both work as they should without problems, so i don't see any special benefit except for the fact that you will be able to connect more than one server to the login if they split. If there is a lot of work and this will amke many custom content/mos from working than i vote no :p
But if it will not change anything like custom mods will still work then i see this as a really good thing :mrgreen:
this will be good for developers. Even if project are in more parts you can build only that part you want to use and not the whole pack. + for development it's more designed