Lineage updates

This is not a Support area! Discuss about the Server here. Non-Server related discussion goes in Off-Topic Discussion.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
vampir

Lineage updates

Post by vampir »

I think thinking, NCZ0ft is doing quite good job lately, GoD released in November, Harmony in March, and now new big update Tauti. Do you(devs) guys think that you can even compare your programming speed with them? Seems like a gap between l2j and official server is deeper and deeper, what do you think about that?
nonom
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Re: Lineage updates

Post by nonom »

Thanks for your opinion vampir,

That's a long discussion since years. The L2J dev team and adv.users are volunteers that spent his own time in exchange of nothing, just moved by motivation and working together to bring some expected features in each L2J release. Many of these devs was doing really an effort with their time.

Several people think that L2J must be released at same time, but as you can see at the moment we haven't announced any ETA (estimated time) to release any GoD version.

Nothing to compare here.
"There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
vampir

Re: Lineage updates

Post by vampir »

I have to say that i really appreciate what you are doing, i would like to join team someday but not now for sure.
Also, i dont really understand NCZ0ft, in each update they are adding new areas, armors, instances but ones from previous updates are being forgotten. I think its stupid that atm all armors, weapons, zones below 85 level are just short episode for new players, and forgotten past for old ones. They made for example new Antharas Lair, and now just nobody is there.
So i think thats a bit stupid but anyway i am glad that you have so much potential to do all things in Java look just like on retail :)