Server dedicated, with 24 gb ram

This is not a Support area! Discuss about the Server here. Non-Server related discussion goes in Off-Topic Discussion.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
sherlockholmes

Server dedicated, with 24 gb ram

Post by sherlockholmes »

Well I wanted to ask here to advise me the best settings for my server .. since I have seen 2 or 3 guides .. but I was enough .. if anyone can contribute best, would be grateful and to use those 24 gb and serve!

Dedicated:
AMD Opteron 3280
24 GB DDR3-RAM
2x 2,000 GB SATA II HDD
Unlimited traffic

Gameserver.sh

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash # exit codes of GameServer:#  0 normal shutdown#  2 reboot attempt while :; do    [ -f log/java0.log.0 ] && mv log/java0.log.0 "log/`date +%Y-%m-%d_%H-%M-%S`_java.log"    [ -f log/stdout.log ] && mv log/stdout.log "log/`date +%Y-%m-%d_%H-%M-%S`_stdout.log"java -Djava.util.logging.manager=com.l2jserver.util.L2LogManager -Xmx8192m -Xms4096m -Xmn2048m -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:SurvivorRatio=8 -Xnoclassgc -XX:+AggressiveOpts -cp ./../libs/*:l2jserver_server.jar com.l2jserver.gameserver.GameServer > log/stdout.log 2>&1[ $? -ne 2 ] && break#   /etc/init.d/mysql restart    sleep 10done  
Mysql Config:

Code: Select all

## The MySQL database server configuration file.## You can copy this to one of:# - "/etc/mysql/my.cnf" to set global options,# - "~/.my.cnf" to set user-specific options.## One can use all long options that the program supports.# Run program with --help to get a list of available options and with# --print-defaults to see which it would actually understand and use.## For explanations see# http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/serve ... ables.html # This will be passed to all mysql clients# It has been reported that passwords should be enclosed with ticks/quotes# escpecially if they contain "#" chars...# Remember to edit /etc/mysql/debian.cnf when changing the socket location.[client]port            = 3306socket          = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock # Here is entries for some specific programs# The following values assume you have at least 32M ram # This was formally known as [safe_mysqld]. Both versions are currently parsed.[mysqld_safe]socket          = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.socknice            = 0open-files-limit = 8192 [mysqld]## * Basic Settings#user            = mysqlpid-file        = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pidsocket          = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sockport            = 3306basedir         = /usrdatadir         = /var/lib/mysqltmpdir          = /tmplanguage        = /usr/share/mysql/englishskip-external-locking## Instead of skip-networking the default is now to listen only on# localhost which is more compatible and is not less secure.bind-address            = 0 # The default storage   engine that will be used when create new tables whendefault-storage-engine= INNODB # Set the SQL mode to strictsql-mode="STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION" max_connections = 800 table_cache = 3000query_cache_size = 0query_cache_type = 0tmp_table_size = 64Mmax_heap_table_size = 64Mmemlockthread_concurrency = 8thread_cache_size = 200log_slow_queriesthread_concurrency = 8max_allowed_packet = 16Mread_buffer_size = 128Kread_rnd_buffer_size = 10Mjoin_buffer_size = 10Msort_buffer_size = 10Mtransaction_isolation = READ-COMMITTED #*** MyISAM Specific options myisam_max_sort_file_size = 1Gmyisam_max_extra_sort_file_size = 1Gmyisam_sort_buffer_size = 128Mkey_buffer_size = 187M  # #*** INNODB Specific options ***innodb_additional_mem_pool_size =256Minnodb_buffer_pool_size = 2048Minnodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:10M:autoextendinnodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit = 2innodb_log_buffer_size= 16Minnodb_max_dirty_pages_pct = 90innodb_thread_concurrency = 16innodb_file_per_table = 1innodb_open_files = 3000innodb_flush_method = O_DIRECT skip-federated [mysqldump]quickmax_allowed_packet = 16M [mysql]no-auto-rehash# Remove the next comment character if you are not familiar with SQL#safe-updates [mysqlhotcopy]interactive-timeout ## * IMPORTANT: Additional settings that can override those from this file!#   The files must end with '.cnf', otherwise they'll be ignored.#!includedir /etc/mysql/conf.d/