Problem with eclipse

Have you created a useful tool? or Do you want to get help building one? This is the right place!
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
jurchiks

Re: Problem with eclipse

Post by jurchiks »

Did you check the stackoverflow thread? Does the Eclipse's internal web browser (Window > Show View > Other > General > Internal Web browser) work ok?
Timeout usually means it just couldn't connect to the host, either because something is blocking the connection (ports are closed) or host is offline.
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
Sweetyass

Post by Sweetyass »

yes i did test the internal web browsing and is working perfectly but the the updates not :| i don't know what is rong
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

Well, unfortunately there's nothing more I can suggest as I've never had this error myself.
I can only suggest you register in Eclipse's forum and post a topic with this error there: http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/f/89/
There will certainly be people able to help you better than I can.
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
MELERIX
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by MELERIX »

I think is firewall issue, something is blocking you eclipse or java connect to others websites.
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

But the internal browser works, so it's not 80 or 443, which, reportedly, is what Eclipse uses for updates.
MELERIX
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by MELERIX »

ye, but problably these ports are open for his browser only and not for Eclipse or Java (as I said above) :P
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

Well, a router doesn't filter applications, only ports. If it's a firewall, that's different.
Besides, the internal browser is not the system browser, it is "proxied" through Eclipse, so it wouldn't work if Eclipse was blocked.
MELERIX
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by MELERIX »

yes, but some routers come with all ports blocked by default, except for common apps like: web browsers or messenger clients, and related basic apps only.

now if not a router, then could be some security app installed on pc, antivirus for example.
Sweetyass

Post by Sweetyass »

Guys i fixed the problem it was from my stupid windows 7 :| i installed a latest version from june 2012 and that was the problem i reinstalled again the windows with my older win7 X64 bit version and now everything is working perfect thx again guys for the effort of helping me u guys rock :D.
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

oh well, if you're using pirated versions then stuff like that can happen...
Sweetyass

Post by Sweetyass »

yes :) i am using pirated version to expansive an original version :)) thx again for everything. have a nice day guys
MELERIX
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by MELERIX »

lal xD

next time before you ask for support, you should make sure have tried everything before (included reinstall software, os, etc).
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

uhhhh... yeah, sure, next time I have a small problem I'll first reinstall OS...
That's the last resort if all else fails, same as reinstalling all programs. Most problems can be solved without any of that.
MELERIX
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by MELERIX »

ofc, reinstalling os or an app is one of the last steps (when you have nothing more alternatives).

otherwise you should throw computer for the window xD
Zoey76
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Zoey76 »

Hopefully nobody will get upset, I'll close this here, since it was solved and it's getting off-topic.