Help (connection settings for the client system)

If something doesn't fit in any other forum then post it here.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
DadyVenco

Help (connection settings for the client system)

Post by DadyVenco »

Good morning everyone. I hope all go well , I submit my name is Nicholas , I live in Argentina , Buenos Aires . wanted to say that I am a complete novice in the world of l2jserver , but hey could compile and assemble a c4 l2j server. An old chronicle, but with which I am more familiar as a player. My problem lies in that I can not connect to the server using the client system . I will explain in detail below , to see if someone from this community can give me a hand.

1 - modified the original system l2.ini client ( IP Only ) I keep it .
2 - stick it in the original system .
3 - run l2.exe

This is where the problem arises. The l2.exe not start the game window but the process is active. if I take any other system c4 server and modify the l2.ini ( Only ip) the server I mount achievement proceeding smoothly but actually suppose that each server has its system configuration and this future will bring me I mount problems .
My question is , as I think a clean configuration for the client system ?

PT: I apologize if the posting does not belong to this section and ask to be redirected to its corresponding section. Please do not abbreviate in the responses , as I'm using a translator. From already thank you all for your support . goodbye
Gries

Re: Help (connection settings for the client system)

Post by Gries »

Talking about client any modification is forbidden here. To log in your server without modifying the client you must change hosts file with your address.
If you're using clean server address should be 127.0.0.1
St3eT

Post by St3eT »

You can do it by Hosts file. :)
If i should be black sheep for sure no as punishment
DadyVenco

Post by DadyVenco »

good to host refer to C: \ windows \ system32 \ drivers \ ect \ host. if that file I can not edit because I have a program that is running and what is not! I guess it must be some program to install to compile or assemble the server. look in the processes of the pc and there is supposedly no program running host. I have windows 7 32bit. quisas mysql is running or sliksubversion my host file.
Aikimaniac
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Aikimaniac »

DadyVenco wrote:good to host refer to C: \ windows \ system32 \ drivers \ ect \ host. if that file I can not edit because I have a program that is running and what is not! I guess it must be some program to install to compile or assemble the server. look in the processes of the pc and there is supposedly no program running host. I have windows 7 32bit. quisas mysql is running or sliksubversion my host file.
tried safe mode or open it with admin account ?
UnAfraid
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by UnAfraid »

Aikimaniac wrote:
DadyVenco wrote:good to host refer to C: \ windows \ system32 \ drivers \ ect \ host. if that file I can not edit because I have a program that is running and what is not! I guess it must be some program to install to compile or assemble the server. look in the processes of the pc and there is supposedly no program running host. I have windows 7 32bit. quisas mysql is running or sliksubversion my host file.
tried safe mode or open it with admin account ?
try to run notepad under administrator and then open and edit this file.
or take ownership wit takeown /f example:

Code: Select all

C:\Users\UnAfraid>takeown /f C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts SUCCESS: The file (or folder): "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts" now owned by user "UnAfraid-PC\UnAfraid". C:\Users\UnAfraid>
DadyVenco

Post by DadyVenco »

thanks again for reply!. and eh I could modify the host file. I could not change it because I had no editing permissions on a Windows users I use the administrator user and if not let me edit the host file until I did not give editing privileges. This problem is resolved. making a section still have a problem with the client not open my game window. but the process is active! (the original client is installed eh 0). it can be? or I'll have to download another client c4? if it is if anyone knows where?
DadyVenco

Post by DadyVenco »

download a new client and nothing is the same. the client does not start but the process is active!. help!!
Hyrelius

Post by Hyrelius »

Actually .. you can start L2.exe (after you renamed it from L2.bin) to along with the parameter "-IP <xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx>" (without triangle brackets) and it will automatically connect to that IP instead (at least that's what seemed to work for me).
I don't mind helping - however: I only do so if I want to.
No support for other server packs than L2J.
DadyVenco

Post by DadyVenco »

l2.bin where the file is located? We are talking about the client? My problem now is that the client does not start but its process window is active.
DadyVenco

Post by DadyVenco »

my client has l2.exe. l2.bin not with me as your you comment!. the client works with any other server. but with the (system) that is not the client. anyone know who this is deve?