Help needed for dropcalc testing.

If something doesn't fit in any other forum then post it here.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
msknight
Advanced User
Advanced User

Help needed for dropcalc testing.

Post by msknight »

Hi All,

Being inspired, I've added more to the free drop calc I have written, and have now included routines to extract custom data from the database ready for inserting in to a new one ... to make upgrading between datapacks easier.

That is in among the usual features of telnet commands, chatting to a player via the web, and stuff like that.

However, I need to learn more about the datapack in order to build a custom porting routine for the xml, and the drop calc needs to get out of the lab to see if it can cut the mustard on a real server.

If anyone has a server, or better still a test server with a copy of a live database on it which has a good population, and wants to lend a hand, I'd be very grateful.

The drop calc itself is free to all, and there is a copy hooked up to a standard datapack at http://195.7.255.202 with documentation at http://195.7.255.202/documentation/index.htm and the php and SQL can be downloaded from http://www.msknight.com/comps/lineage2/ ... opcalc.htm so for those that want to see the admin and enhanced user side of the copy, drop me a PM and I'll set up a user name and password for you rather than using the restricted guest logon.

The best type of server is a Linux server with the web server on the same box as the gameserver, and php running with the mysql modules loaded. That will make the best use of all the abilities.

Many thanks for your patience and any help.

Michelle.
My friend is a paranoid schizophrenic ... she'll take over the world, as long as nobody minds.
law

Post by law »

man thats realy nice. i will use it

but the droplist isnt complete ?

is it possible to use this tool if i have splitted gameserver / loginserver ?
Last edited by law on Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
msknight
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by msknight »

Hi Law,

The drop calc reports only what is in the database. The drop list that the copy of the drop calc is using, is a standard data pack with no extras. It will thus report whatever is in the database that you load it on to.

Thank you for the compliment :-) I hope the code works well on your server. The documentation contains the solutions to the problems I had in getting it running.

Michelle.
My friend is a paranoid schizophrenic ... she'll take over the world, as long as nobody minds.
law

Post by law »

is it possible to use this tool if i have splitted gameserver / loginserver ?
law

Post by law »

another probleM.

ich changed my config.php to match the right db (mine is not called l2jdb) but when i call the site it sas : ould not change to L2J database: Access denied for user: 'gs@localhost' to database 'l2jdb'
msknight
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by msknight »

Yes, it is possible to use the tool with the split servers. For the chat watching to work, though, the drop calc will need access to the gameserver files.

As well as the database name, make sure the drop calc has the right user name and password for the database ... use the same ones you gave in the gameserver config file.
law

Post by law »

i found the error in config.php the function evalUsers executes a sql command $sql = "Use l2jdb";

another question , i want to modify the script so it takes the users from the loginserver accounts table, now my question is can i add field into accounts table or will it mess something up ?
msknight
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by msknight »

I don't know how the encrypted passwords work, and also I didn't want to add columns to official datapack tables, as the drop calc needs to store its own information, such as dropcalc access level, token and things.

If you want to adjust it that way, then it is not easy, as many functions look to the knightdrop table to find out what account the user is linked to.

Thanks for letting me know about the error. I'll double check all the code to see if I missed any more.

EDIT - apparently I did. There are some more occurances in the config.php file, but the rest are O.K. - I must have rolled back a file version at some point.
law

Post by law »

check all files i found some more use l2jdb :)

okay i saw that it is not pretty encapsulate so i must change every file to fit my expectations .

I think this is overhead so is there a wayto sync the account table with the knightdrop table ?

i think a cronjob could do it if you want i´ll give u the code
msknight
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by msknight »

Synchronising isn't the problem - it is handling the encrypted password ... the dropcalc doesn't know how to handle the encryption. (cause I'm too dumb to know how it is done! :-) )
law

Post by law »

look here: http://forum.l2jserver.com/thread.php?threadid=11161

they know how to handle it :) (look at the registration)
msknight
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by msknight »

Thanks for that ... It is late here, and I have work tomorrow :( Let me know how you get on, and if you have any more problems or find something the documentation doesn't answer. I'll check the forum when I wake.

I uploaded a new zip file with the use l2jdb's corrected. :)
msknight
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by msknight »

Well, it's morning here, and no new posts ... how did it go, Law? What are your opinions on it? Useful? Crap? Don't worry, I've got my S grade on; I can take it.

The design started with what the users wanted, then what the GM's wanted, and is now starting to probe in to what the admins wanted.

If there is anything you think is missing, let me know and I'll add it to the list. The next thing, like I said, is to extract custom stuff from the xml (which will probably be tackled a number of different ways) Once that is done, the big finale will be a recipe calculator ... but that is going to be a lot of information that can be referenced in a number of different ways ... I'm going to have to sit down and think about the design quite carefully to avoid overloading the player, but still give them the info they need/want.

How did you find the difference generation routine? How long did it take you to generate a set of difference tables?
Hexa
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Hexa »

quite impressive :D

getting mySQL err msg though

Code: Select all

Could not change to L2J database: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
msknight
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by msknight »

Hexa - where are you getting the error message please? What operation are you doing? I'm going to check the config.php file that was changed yesterday to make sure I haven't typoe'd one of the database variables somewhere.

The obvious thing is to check the database IP address, the user name and password in the config.php file