Help needed for dropcalc testing.

If something doesn't fit in any other forum then post it here.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
msknight
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by msknight »

Paul_Atrides wrote:I want that names of accounts were visible only to administration (GMs and Admins).
Yes, I'll fix that tonight.

However, if you look at my picture, and your picture, the small map and the tables are wrong. I need the HTML source from your page so that I can see why your map is in a different position to mine.

I see that you are using Opera, so I'm going to get opera and see how it behaves for me.
My friend is a paranoid schizophrenic ... she'll take over the world, as long as nobody minds.
msknight
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by msknight »

fulminus wrote: I only now saw this...it's been a while since the problem was posted, but better late than never :P
Thanks Fulminus. My main problem is in automation. Whenever the data changes, I have to re-export the table, and having to perform the changes by hand is difficult every time, as is adding the escape command to the text.

It is easier for me to use the back tick for this, but you're information is quite useful for other applications :-) It's always handy to know how these things work. In fact, my main problem so far has been making it so that it works across many systems.
My friend is a paranoid schizophrenic ... she'll take over the world, as long as nobody minds.
msknight
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by msknight »

Hopefully, I have just uploaded what should fix your problem, Paul.

As to why Opera is not rendering proerly, I am having to look in to it. I have recreated the problem here, but it will likely take a little while.

If there are any more problems with the paranoia setting, please let me know.

EDIT - Found the problem with the character not rendering properly. I am using Opera to scan the rest of the drop calc and I've found a few other things that aren't working right, so I'm working on them.

The current upload should now fix the character display in Opera, and also the last of the paranoia settings. Let me know if you find any more Paul. I am working on the mob table display not being quite right.
msknight
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by msknight »

There you go.

Latest upload is as Opera friendly as I can make it at the moment.
Paul_Atrides

Post by Paul_Atrides »

Thanks, all is simply remarkable!

Opera Windows XP

IE Windows XP

Maxthon Windows XP

Safari MacOS

Firefox MacOS
Paul_Atrides

Post by Paul_Atrides »

mising RaidBoss

Last edited by Paul_Atrides on Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
msknight
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by msknight »

Paul_Atrides wrote:mising RaidBoss
The guest or non/gm will only see raid bosses that are spawned in the game. Only the GM's/admins get the button at the top which shows non-spawned bosses. The drop down list is automatically generated from the database, with the exception of L2Monsters and L2Minions. Which L2RaidBoss is spawned, but doesn't appear?

Glad it is working better for you :-)
Paul_Atrides

Post by Paul_Atrides »

Administration of my server asks to clean in guest and not GM login showing chars lvl, Speed, HP, MP and CP or full table with this info and lvl in top table.
And please add sorting in tables on table header. F.e. if you click on Race - all line in table will be sorted by race with ascending/descending order.
msknight
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by msknight »

Paul_Atrides wrote:Administration of my server asks to clean in guest and not GM login showing chars lvl, Speed, HP, MP and CP or full table with this info and lvl in top table.
Sorry Paul, I am having trouble understanding this. COuld you try again for me please?
Paul_Atrides wrote:And please add sorting in tables on table header. F.e. if you click on Race - all line in table will be sorted by race with ascending/descending order.
Wherever I can easily add sort buttons, I have (the red up and down arrows) if you need it on other tables where I haven't done it, please let me know which tables you want sorting.

I am leaving in two hours, and will be away for four days. Have fun :-)
nineveh

Post by nineveh »

Paul_Atrides wrote:Administration of my server asks to clean in guest and not GM login showing chars lvl, Speed, HP, MP and CP or full table with this info and lvl in top table.
i think he means like the acm where an admin or gm can click on the user's char name and it takes them to a page with their current stats like currhp/maxhp currmp/max mp their dex and other stats of the sort.
msknight
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by msknight »

nineveh wrote:
i think he means like the acm where an admin or gm can click on the user's char name and it takes them to a page with their current stats like currhp/maxhp currmp/max mp their dex and other stats of the sort.
Hi nineveh,

The character page already shows this information for a character. I don't think it shows speed, though.

I still think I'm not understanding something about the request.
nineveh

Post by nineveh »

msknight wrote:
nineveh wrote:
Hi nineveh,

The character page already shows this information for a character. I don't think it shows speed, though.

I still think I'm not understanding something about the request.
maybe he means he wants it to where only gms can see that info and make it unseen to nongms?
msknight
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by msknight »

nineveh wrote:maybe he means he wants it to where only gms can see that info and make it unseen to nongms?
Possibly; but that ain't gonna happen - too paranoid. Best he switches guest mode off; there is a config variable for it.

The sorts by column in the character view can be done. Shouldn't take more than a day or two, but my next free time will be next week; got a fifteen year old nightmare teenage daughter (someone elses) to babysit this weekend; the type that usually ends up with the police being called. Why I've been asked is possibly a mystery, or maybe that everyone else is fed up of the hassle. I wish S grade armour existed in real life.
Fulminus
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Fulminus »

MsKnight,
Once again, I check back here a long time after something was posted :P
I saw your claim that you allow for extraction of customizations in order to make updating easier. While I'm sure you've tested it and it works, I'm curious how it's done and what kind of customizations it supports.

Basically, there are 4 kinds of customizations done in a database:
1) Insert
2) Delete
3) Update
4) Replace (this might be done as an Update or a combo of delete and reinsert, in which case there may be an ID change)

Meanwhile, all 4 of the above may also occur in the L2JDP.
Which of these actions done in customizations do you track with your dropcalc, and how do you merge them back after an update?
Also, if my customization included (for example) spawning a mob that doesn't exist in the L2JDP, but after some L2JDP updates the L2JDP also gets this mob in the spawnlist, will your update utility result to adding my custom spawns on top of the L2JDP new spawns (and thus have dups)?
If no, what means do you use to try and avoid this?
If yes, can you please add a warning about what kind of changes in the DP may result in unwanted results by using your tool? I think this will be very helpful to the average admin who may not have as deep a knowledge of the DP or of MySQL etc...

BTW, what I'm saying might sound like bad criticism or lack of faith towards your dropcalc. I'd like to emphasize that this is NOT the case. Quite on the contrary, this project is shaping up really nicely! I just couldn't help but ask the above, because those are just the common problems with most merges, so I wanted to see the extend to which you cover them, and have some more obvious "warning" about the possible side-effects ;)
Thanks in advance for your reply :)
I'm a joyful, merriful, playful, curious, young, little elf!!! :-)
I'm also a High(tech) Elf, (computer) wiz!
msknight
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by msknight »

Hi Fulminis,

No problem :-) I'll try and explain.

It has two "modes" a simple copy, and an extraction. I'll take the simplest first, the copy. It is done in steps 5 and 8.

The tables that are nominated in the config file are, in step 8, simply copied, structure and all, to tables elsewhere. Straightforward enough, and step 2 checks the structures, notes down any columns which are different from the new datapack loaded, so that you can take action before restoring the tables to the database.

When the backup is made, the backup table is dropped and the live table copied. When the backup is replayed, however, the live table is truncated, rather than dropped, so that any new structure remains intact, and then the rows are copied over, specifically by column reference.

The merge system treats the tables in the same way, so that any new datapack structure is left intact, and not simply written over with the backup. However, the merged tables work like this ...

When you load your first datapack, you take a reference point. That simply sits in the backup database while you play on and make your changes.

When you are ready to transfer, you run an extraction - and that is what takes the time. The system runs a comparison of live against the reference point. Whatever is found in the live table, but not in the reference table, is noted as something you have added to the table. Anything found in the reference but not in the live, is presumed to be something that you removed from the tables during your configuration. Thus, two tables are created, one for additions and one for deletions.

You then replace the live tables with the new datapack, and then make that the new reference point. Once the new data is in, you simply replace the additions and deletions against the new datapack.
Again, the additions and deletions take note of changes in fields when replaying. Obviously, when you take your reference points and your backups, the new structures are used.

The comparisons are complete across a tables colums, so only completely exact rows are acted upon. You could change the order of some items in a shop, for example, and it will show up as additions and deletions.

Any additions which fail, for example they may have been put in the datapack as standard, are recorded in an "error" table in the knightback database, as a record of the SQL statement it tried to execute, and the error that came back. You can then go through these at your leisure.

Sometime tomorrow, I'll try and re-explain anything that you'd like me to go in to more detail on ... I just need some sleep first ;-)