Help needed for dropcalc testing.

If something doesn't fit in any other forum then post it here.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Paul_Atrides

Post by Paul_Atrides »

Has broken :(
msknight
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by msknight »

Paul_Atrides wrote:Has broken :(
That's now fixed and uploaded ... I'm working on the mob count while also watching a DVD of friends who emigrated to New Zealand ... I haven't seen them in ... a long time.
My friend is a paranoid schizophrenic ... she'll take over the world, as long as nobody minds.
msknight
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by msknight »

That's it ... those problems are fixed.

Basically, the code checks for the existance of "periodofday" - if it doesn't exist, it knows it is dealing with an old datapack, and counts everything as a permanent spawn.

With the latest datapack, the case went from periodofday to periodOfDay and that change in case is what caused the check to fail ... hence all spawns were shown as permanent.

I've changed the check to case insensitive, so that shouldn't happen again.

The new version is uploaded now.
My friend is a paranoid schizophrenic ... she'll take over the world, as long as nobody minds.
msknight
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by msknight »

There is updated code available, and for those upgrading, you will need to run the following statements against the KNIGHTDROP table in your LOGIN database.

Code: Select all

alter table knightdrop add column `boxingok` decimal(1,0) default 0;
alter table knightdrop add column  `warnlevel` decimal(1,0) default 0;
Also, add the following to the bottom of your config.php ...

// Check for dual-boxing going on from more than one IP address.
$check_boxing = 1;
So what are the changes?

First, the character adjustment (of an off line character) can directly edit the karma, pvpkills, pkkills, clanid and title of the character.

Second, there is a manual number in the account editing that, if set to anything higher than 0 (max is 9) will show the value in the "users online." The purpose of this is that you can operate a "strike" system, so that other GM's know if this account has already broken rules and been in trouble.

Lastly, the Who's Online now operates a dual-boxing system. Where two accounts are on-line from the same IP address, or two characters are on-line from the same account (even if different IP address) then this will show up as red, and the IP address will be added to the display.

dual-boxing checking can be switched off globally by changing the variable above to 0.

GM accounts are imune from triggering the dual-boxing warning, and also individual accounts can also be set to be immune to triggering the warning if you already know their circumstances.

ANY BUG REPORTS - get them in quick, because Saturday I am on a weeks holiday and I plan to be as far away from my computer and L2J as possible ;-)
msknight
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by msknight »

Man, this is getting ridiculous ... here I am, about to go on holiday, and my team asked for another change. Code uplaoded.

GM's wanted to keep a history of what accounts had been warned for, so GM's dealing with a situation had some history to work from.

Notes can be kept against accounts. Upgraders, put ...

$sec_adj_notes = 120;
... in your config.php preferably around the other access levels.

Comments are kept in the ... (already existing)

// Database backup system variables, including passwords required for each of the specific operations.
$knight_db = "knightdb";  // Database to use/create for the dropcalc tables so that they are away from the main DB.
... database so they don't clog up the main game DB.

No one can retract their comments, only by direct access to the DB.
msknight
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by msknight »

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated
With luck, this should now be fixed. Would someone who normally has this problem be kind enough to check it out (new download is up) and let me know the outcome please.
Paul_Atrides

Post by Paul_Atrides »

not succeEs
but succeSs :)
msknight
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by msknight »

Yep - I missed a C. Should be succeeded.

(I'm actually dyslexic.)
Last edited by msknight on Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
msknight
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by msknight »

Change made and uploaded.

Also, new minor feature in the statistics. It will produce a mob location map so that you can take screen shots of it and put it on your web sites so taht users can see the grouping of the mobs on your server.

It does take a while to run, but should run within the standard PHP execution time limit.

It will require downloading the larger zip file as that has the extra images in it for the map crosses.
msknight
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by msknight »

Just noticed another bug - people who don't have a character in a clan can't see their characters or account details. I'll fix that tonight.
Fulminus
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Fulminus »

First, the character adjustment (of an off line character) can directly edit the karma, pvpkills, pkkills, clanid and title of the character.
I strongly recommend that you remove the clanId editting of offline characters. The issue here is server-side. L2J Server loads all the clan data at boot time. Everything is cached and changes (even to offline characters) will either be ignored and overwritten back with its previous value, or in some cases it may cause problems that mess up the entire clan.

The only time that clan info can be changed manually and safely is while the gameserver is offline.
Note: By clan info I mean the following things:
1) Entries of the clan_data table (any column)
2) Changes in clan_id of characters table
3) Changes in priviledges in characters table
4) ally_id in characters table (BTW, this shouldn't even be here, imo...it's denormalizing the clan_data table).
5) deleteclan from characters
6) wantspeace from characters
7) clan_wars table (any column)
8 ) owner_id in clanhall table

I might have even missed a couple of columns...but you get the point. If it has to do with clans, it ought to be editted via the database only while the gameserver is offline.
I'm a joyful, merriful, playful, curious, young, little elf!!! :-)
I'm also a High(tech) Elf, (computer) wiz!
nBd
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by nBd »

another question:

I dont want my users to see what items/adena there clan players have.. only thing i found is to edit the code and make my own changes.. it would be nice to disable this in the config file..
Or i am just blind? ^^

Another thing is when i disable level view for normal player, trusted players and clans are still with lvl display.

But a big thx for your work. keep it going..
msknight
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by msknight »

O.K. - I hear what you're saying.

Latest bug, solved. Players can now see the contents of their characters when the character isn't in a clan.

Clanid change - removed. You make a good argument Fulminus - once again showing my lack of knowledge of the system, and teaching me something new :-) I always did have problems editing clan details; now I know why.

nbd, re. preventing users seeing other players inventories ...

I've inserted a variable in the config.php ...

// Stop players from seeing details of characters that are in the same clan.
// Note, this will also stop clan item search.
$prevent_cross_clan = 1;
...but it will take me a day or two to get it working. I'll let you know when it is done ... there is a fair bit of code to make it work as the dropcalc was designed for open playing so this is effectively closing a lot of that down. I'll get it done in the next few days, though.

The disable level view thing ... I'm having problems understanding what you mean. Can you expand on that for me please? Preferably with screen shots ... I take things in more easily when they are visual. If you can manage to put pointers on the screen shots like Paul does, that would be superb.

The more detail you can put in to the explanation, the better, because I'm normally brain dead when I get home from work.

The above changes are already uploaded to the web site. I haven't changed any version numbers (because I'm tired, and there is work in the morning!)

Thanks for the thanks **blush** The fact that people find it of use is thanks enough :) I do wonder, sometimes, how many people are using it and to what extent it is helping them.

I'm also going to introduce an account feature to list any accounts with the same IP address. I've found players who are using multiple accounts, and it is difficult to keep track of them.

The iGO server just recently went live, so I'm getting my first taste of using my own tool in a live environment! I'm now finding things that I need to do, but the drop calc doesn't do them, or at least doesn't do them well. Paul also appears to have some thing he needs to do; but the Account search probably wasn't designed to do what he needed.

Stuff taking the months break ... if anyone has any suggestions, let me have them!!! (rushes to get some S grade armour in preperation for the onslaught)

Michelle.
Hexa
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Hexa »

Great work as always.... quality ABD quantity :P
msknight
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by msknight »

Hexa wrote:Great work as always.... quality ABD quantity :P
**blush**

O.K. - try that. I changed the value of the variable - 1 to disable viewing other characters inventories, and 2 to also disable clan item find.

See if that works, or if I've missed anything.