all .py converted to wordpad.

If something doesn't fit in any other forum then post it here.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Murdock28

all .py converted to wordpad.

Post by Murdock28 »

Uhm i have done something and don't know how to get it back at the normal state.

Normaly when u open a .py file u can choose wich program u can use..
But this is my problem now
When i did that i forgot to set the marker of so every .py file is set to wordpad all of them automaticly..
I tryed to get it back by taking the properties from my other pc but then it won't open at all.

I have original in other pc but in my server it is all gone to wordpad.
Does this have any effect one the game startup or the game at all.

If any has a solution for this pls let me know, otherwise i have to delete everything i have.
Including all servers etc etc.
msknight
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by msknight »

Try right clicking and "Open With..." then selecting the option to chose another program.

The thing you have to watch for is the little tick at teh bottom that says, "Always use this program to open files of this type" or something similar.

If you want to get rid of the mapping, then open up a file browser window and in "Tools... Folder Options," you have "Registered file types" and you can find the extension and delete it in there.
My friend is a paranoid schizophrenic ... she'll take over the world, as long as nobody minds.
Murdock28

Re

Post by Murdock28 »

8) Found it and fixed ty
Fulminus
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Fulminus »

And btw:
What program you use to edit your py files has no effect on the server...as long as you don't mix up tabs and spaces in your scripts, that is.
I personally prefer to use PythonWin because it automatically shows you tab/space mixup errors ;)
I'm a joyful, merriful, playful, curious, young, little elf!!! :-)
I'm also a High(tech) Elf, (computer) wiz!