SERIOUS ADMIN PROBLEM PLS ANY ADVICE

If something doesn't fit in any other forum then post it here.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
killerno1

SERIOUS ADMIN PROBLEM PLS ANY ADVICE

Post by killerno1 »

hi everyone im not sure if this is right forum section for this help so accept my apologies if incorrect but ive got a serious problem which could happen to any admin this is problem :- i went into game and was about to restart my server when i noticed i could not access admin panel or do anything else so i came out of game and looked at my database and saw my gm character was on access lvl 99 i cannot alter lvl access whatever i put in database it goes back to 99 ive tried altering the server config but in database it wont budge from 99 any advice would be most welcome because i have not got a clue to what has happened the server has been running a while now and this has never happened i have tried making new character with gm status but still same tried 2 other databases but no luck please please any advice
Fulminus
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Fulminus »

SERIOUS ADMIN PROBLEM PLS change admins and try again :P
hehe, just kidding ^_^ Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Ok, to your problem:
You cannot change the access level of a character while the char is logged in. Doing so will result in the original access level coming back. It sounds like this is what happened to you.
Here is what I would recommend:
1) Make sure all your chars are logged out
2) Go to the database and make the access level of your GM account 1000
3) Go to the database and make the access level of your GM character 1000.
4) Log in. You should now have GM access.
5) type //admin you should now see the admin panel.

I hope this helps.
I'm a joyful, merriful, playful, curious, young, little elf!!! :-)
I'm also a High(tech) Elf, (computer) wiz!
killerno1

Post by killerno1 »

ha ha thanx for reply now the wierdest thing this morning opened db and hey presto back to normal i shall remember your advice in case happens again do you think anyone using exploits in game could have caused it ????? i shall keep a watch out thanks for your help much appreciated
Fulminus
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Fulminus »

People using exploits would generally make their char gain gm access or get free items/xp. They wouldn't force a GM to lose his access. I do not think you need to worry about this possibility.
Then again, one may never know what's in the mind of these exploiters :P
I'm a joyful, merriful, playful, curious, young, little elf!!! :-)
I'm also a High(tech) Elf, (computer) wiz!